• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

POSSIBLEY HEAD'IN TO WILDERNESS IN COVE RIGHT NOW.

Shack

I live in princeton,mn and have a large feeling of going right now to milac's. Wife said it was o.k.. Could be out

their for evening bight. Does anyone think I should go?

sincely fish'in,

SHACKBASH

Already head'in out. No idle here. Will report later tonight

on what I get.

peace out......

Well it realy was unsatisfactory last night. 40-50 mph winds by sloppy joes. Was out fishing at 5:00 p.m. and

caught 2 walleyes off the bat 1 (16 1/2") the other almost

25". Then the winds pickup. Been years since I been out in winds like that. I gave it untill 9:00 p.m., seeing fish

2-4' off of bottom at times. went out of cove to west side

of sloppy. roads were good on the way on. I thought I woul find my self floating and waiting for the hover craft. Stopped at bayveiw for dinner and headed home. Wish I would of stayed home for u.s. idol (not). a tearible day on the ice, still beats a good hour of american idol. Going back

up in a.m. tommoro. Will report then.. [image]aolpictures:C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\Temp\ygppicmgr\ygp5DAE.jpg[/image]

Don't worry, that's just my brother-in law. He'll do anything to go fishing or get his picture taken.

Any one know how KJ's road or wilderness road is doing after the hurricane force winds this week? Want to come up sat. morning if the road is in good shape, I think the bite should be good with the storm coming through.

It was fine as of 9:00 p.m. on wed. evening. Drove right off. Just got back from millacs and drove from isle bay to big point with no problem and back. 3' of ice 1 mile off shore. About 2 1/2' out on gravel flats.Just south of 3 mile a large ice heave. Largest one I ever seen. No getting to 3 mile reef from sunset bay, unless you go into big point and drive around pressure ridge. Fishing was not the best today. Only one eye. Saw alot of purch on water cam., not biting at all.

No realy big ones like a couple of weeks ago. Did'nt make it all the way in to doe reef, stopped at reef due south of

the tip of big point (shaws). Scary, not alot of action on lake for last week end and the perch fest. Was hopeing to follow four wheelers to hot spots, but all day no villages of porties. Saw alot of houses going up, when coming home on 169. Will be back up tues or thurs next week, if it doesnt look like a city storm drain when drilling holes from this snow we are getting. Will include pic of walleye after this.

Fishing Freek,

SHACKBASH

This eye I caught today 1/2 MILE north west of Henn. island. About 100 yards north west of the further west maquads

(I hope i spelled correctly) tan and green shacks. 28'

feet of water, right off bottom. This eye is a very first

for me, cause i saw it come in after a perch next to my

jigging spoon and instead of the perch, the action of my spoon triggered it to bite. I saw the intire thing on water

cam. Realy neet. Spoon was tipped with minnow head, not half of body. I made clouds of dust at bottom. Walleye was

caught around 9:00 a.m.. Nothing else but small perch down their. We did return to spot around 12:30 and still nothing.

GOOD LUCK cool.gif

SHACKBASH

just got back last nite from Wilderness, Jay has all but 4 of his houses off the lake. Theres open water from the point up to VERY close to Jays road. The first crack. Hope that helps you. Son caught 28* in the bay friday

Could'nt sleep with all this snow plus the dog needed to go out, so I though I would write a little. Thanks for the cove update. I was planing a trip up Tues and going out of cove. I will call Jay and get the low down before head'in

up. I allways wanted to try inside cove during winter, but never had done it. Always headed right for main lake. I grew up on Monamighe Point (not spelled correct) during summer, so i fished cove bay in a little boat alot. Those days were in the early 80's. The lake was much different back then. I know it was not that long ago, but in those days a perch was a rough fish and thought of as problem. They were a poor mans walleye. You could catch a couple hundered jumbo's in a day. It was catch and release for perch cause you did'nt want them, the walleyes were to easy to catch. I vividly remeber the owner of the house I would stay at bring home 28,30 inch walleyes. He would mount the 30 plus incher's. I used to hang out at a little cabin on the end of the frontage road from bay veiw lodge were it curves into main road out on point. Bob Bonnhoff was his name and he was a good man. Also I knew Joe Senters very well also. I hope I spelled there names correctly. I know Joe is still alive, but but Bob had died. Hello, from Josh.

That reminds me of another Joe I got to know very well on the lake, Joe Karpon.Karpons resort was a misticle place when I first was brought up to Karpons around 94-95. I loved it so much, I spent more money than any young man with no money should of been spending. I built the fish shack right in the middle of a very little town named Bethel,its by isanti. Many of the people in that town donated things for building it and gave their help aswell. My shack was theamed afeter the condo's at Breezy Point (another place I spent alot of time as a kid). I added a large open queen sized knoty pine loft and did it all in tong and grove. It has a fire place and a/c. I built my shack in the best spot a person could be fishing in, between two bars (Larry's dug out and Dejays Saloon). We got it done in late fall of 97, just in time. Even the man who hauled my shack was impressed. Another good man you might know, I know most of you know (Bernie Seman). I was 19 at the time and not a lot of young men were doing things to this caliber. So my shack was on its way to Karpons. I tell ya. All the resorts are nice, but Karpons was total fun year round. I got to know Joe, slowly bt surly. I paided my dues on time and respected his resort. It paided off big. Soon enough I was driving old 1,2,3, wich ever tractor was running at this time. I would help Joe and his family any way I could. During that time I got to know Dave and Jan (owners of the best shack their) and their family. My wife and son loved it up there and I fished 12 weekends in a row almost every year I was their during the winter and every weekend I could in the summer (boat stayed up, nice). It was a great time and place. The new resort got much simpler and after Joe retired I moved to Wilderness Warmth. I know Jay and Amber very well. I tell ya, Appledorns has made large improvments and it looks great. But I live in princeton and onaima is much closer than isle. Old Joe lives right north of me, I will stop in

some time and say hi. If your reading this Joe, Thanks for all the good years and memories (from Josh). Well thats enough for now. Wanted to rant a little, red all the posts. Too snowy out for fishing this weekend. Thanks for reading if you get this far and Good fish'in.

Thanks,

SHACKBASH

P.S.

Some time I tell ya how I got my nickname. wink.gif

Anyone headin' up today. I am going tommarro morning. Going

to put here in 4 low and get out their some how.

Be careful... I drove out of Cove bay sunday morning and there was a truck on it's way down waiting for a tow truck around Mezominee point and a few trucks out there stuck. I was on a single lane plowed road that went to a small group of permy's. The plan was to fish for awhile but with the weather and inability to navigate I opted for shore. Hopefully conditions will improve and some good fishin can be had... I'd talk to Jay or another resort before you head out.

Thanks for for the info. That bad about that truck. I got

to call Jay anyways for something else. Will let you know

were I go out or if I do not go out.

I did not go to millacs today. I feel terrible. Have reinked

for thursday, if snow is not to bad. Anyone here were you can get out (plowed roads). I know Wilderness Warmth has them cleared. Does Appledorns have them cleared? I would assume they do, by that slight reports of digging out Sun..

No body has come out and stated positivley they were.

Thanks for any info.

• 2 weeks later...

Is winter realy over. I am sitting her drinking beer and the music is loud. Also with garage door open. Is it realy over?

XabuyOohGG2uiGajqC1gQhAK3QAszclt0300.jpg