• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Huskies/Gophers

Wallyeyes

confused.gifWhat would you do for a ticket to either the Friday St Cloud home game or the Saturday Gopher home game? blush.gif Not sure about the Saturday game but the Friday game has been sold out for awhile now. tongue.gif And NO I don't have any available tickets! Best two teams in the country? Probably.

I would agree that these are probably the best two teams in ther country. Notre Dame being ranked # 1 is a complete joke. New hampshire can maybe be figured in the mix but that is about it.

Yeah, I personally have not seen Notre Dame play this year but I have a really high opinion of the WCHA. The best conference in college hockey, hands down, no comparison.

Notre Dame won't see the final four. I can garantee you that. Notre Dame will be hard pressed to beat Niagra or Bemidji State in the first round. They have a streghth of schedule that is worst than every team in the WCHA. How they are number 1 only sweet Mary knows.

The St. Cloud State Huskies are a great team. I keep repeating this and nobody from the Maroon and Gold will recognize this team as being every bit as good as the goofs. The goofers were nervous with the sioux coming to town......how about a team with a better goalie, faster defenseman, and more depth across their fowards?

I predict a Husky sweep this weekend on goaltending alone. This team is jacked to turn the corner and this weekend they will.

Mark it down.

A sweep? hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah...thanks, I needed something to wake me up. That is one of the funniest things I've heard all week.

Not so sure about a sweep but a home and home split wouldn't surprise me. SCS should have their legs goin after a one-point weekend against the Badgers last weekend. I was planning on going fishing this weekend so I may have to settle for the radio but we'll see how this storm plays out. It's going to be a great series nonetheless. I agree - Notre Dame isn't going anywhere. Go Huskies!

I think the gophernation has given pleanty of props to SCSU. They are a very solid team and have gone on a great run this year. I think it will be a great series. I am thinking split or 3 points for the good guys (gophs)

A sweep is entirely possible. I just don't think the Gophers will be on the "dust pan" end of it. smirk.gif

Sure to be a great series nonetheless.

Tickets may be gone, mad.gif but I'll have the best seat in the house tonight. Right behind Briggs. wink.gif See, I get to goal judge the game tonight, so no ticket necessary for me. tongue.gif See you all at the game if you're lucky enough to get in! grin.gif

Well I gotta say a Husky win would be sweet, however as a former on-ice official I have learned the importance of total impartiality.(Is that a word?) And as a goal judge that is of the utmost importance. We are not supposed to show any emotion what-so-ever, and seeing as I am being paid for my services I will adhere to the code of conduct. When I'm in the box behind the net, I have no interest in the outcome of the game. I must tell you that the only thing I worry about when I'm working a game is making sure the right call is made.

I live inbetween the cities and st. cloud. I have the same dilemma. being a long time gopher fan, I have to go with the huskies. they are a less known smaller school, and I hope they win it all this year. last I looked, 4-1 huskies.

what happened???

Setterguy, it is now possible!!!

Huskies looked like a much better team than the rodents! See what happens tomorrow. Go huskies!!!

Since "the streak" was ended, it really has been a boom or bust proposition for the Gophers. They are either really on or really off and last night was obvious that they fall into the latter of the categories. Coming down the stretch, that is a problem but hopefully they can work through it and keep their heads above water. Again, youth and/or lack of experience is going to prove to be an issue.

Quote:

I'm sure Jill will be here soon gloating....tough nite for Hockey Guy....
smirk.gif

I was at the game on Friday and it was great. I only called Hockey Guy once and he said the huskies simply outplayed the gophers. Hockeyguy is a gophers fan first, but he stills likes the huskies having graduated from SCSU.

It should be an interesting game tonight. The gophers will be looking for a win at all costs.

The better team won this series out played and out COACHED.

Nice job by Lucia for second year in row he has turned the best team in the country into a mediocre team down the stretch.

With the Huskies down 3-1 Woog's statement of the season was and I quote "tonight they (gophers) are making a statement". He will have to eat those words it looks like.

It was fun to watch St.Cloud beat the Gophers on a night when Woog and Mozocco were hooting and hollering about the Gophers playing their A game. SCSU played average at best but still I didn't think we could only play one good period and get the win. What happened to the Gophers. They were so dominant early in the year but now they are just a fading team searching for answers and it's is getting late. SCSU really solidified themselves as a serious national title contender. Way to go Huskies, SWEEP, SWEEP, SWEEP, SWEEP, SWEEP................

Times are tough with a talented young team with no goaltending.

These are the times when lessons are learned and changes made for the playoff run. Uncle Donnie and the staff will prove their worth in the next month and we will see the (good or bad) results.

Interesting it will be. Michigan Tech anyone?

What we're seeing here is the result of having your best talent leave early every year and being "stuck" with a young (albeit talented team). These guys aren't used to playing this many games against the talent that they're seeing at this level. Mix that with inconsistent goalie play, and a lack of more than 1 good defensive pairing you will get these results every year (in my opinion). SCSU has a very talented & experienced TEAM that knows how to play together and works hard to win. The gophs are falling into the trap of relying on their talent alone and are not working hard enough as a team (other than the 2nd period last night). You guys can say what you want about Wooger & Mazako, (they are the same "homers" every game) but from the end of the first period through the first 15 minutes of the second, the gophs were dominant and "making a statement", but were unable to keep it going because the better TEAM hung in there and pulled out the win. Maybe this will finally be the year the Huskies are able to make some noise in the NCAA tourney, would be cool to see them get a title if the gophs continue to struggle.