• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hole Sleeves

cold one sd

Question

I bought some hole sleeves for my ice house. How do you guys that have them decide how long to cut them and do you drop your wheel house down on blocks when fishing. If you do use blocks, how thick are they? confused.gif

5 answers to this question

not sure about the sleeves, but if your house doesn't stay on the ice, there's no need to block it. if it doesn't go home with you and stays in the same spot all winter, then I'd put her up on 4x4's

my neighbor dropped his house on his driveway and cut them that way.....don't know if this is the best way but it has worked fine for us........we just pull the sleeves cut the holes and try to pack slush in around the holes and then slide the sleeves back in.....after a few hours if we still feel wind we pull the sleeve and aply more slush/water to the edges.......

I bought the shorter sleeves and then dropped the house down and figured out how much blocking I needed so I wouldn't have to cut them. It worked out that a 4x4 under each corner put the bottom of the sleeve about 1/2 " off the ice. Saved quite a bit over buying the full sized ones also.

Thanks guys, I'm thinking that I will cut them for having a 1" board under each corner and that way I will only be a bit high with a 2x under each corner. I have been fishing in an old camper with tubes from the floor to the ice and this is new to me. The first time I was out, the wind came up through the floor so bad that a 15k BYU Empire wouldn't get it warm.