• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm going to be up at the wife's family cabin the weekend of March 3rd. What are some good area lakes that should produce some panfish for a meal. Her cabin is by Man Lake. In the past her dad has fished Pleasant and Web and Wabedo. I have never fished them any of them before. Are they good panfish lakes or any others????

Anybody got some advice, I'm not looking for hotspots I just wants some opinions of the lakes in that area. I did some research on them on the DNR website, but alot of the info is pretty old. Anyhelp would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I would try Rainy lake just east of the backus store just north of town.Have done real well there in the past on sunfish and crappies not huge fish but lots of numbers. Hope this helps

Oxyoke lake will have nice Sunnies, and some Crappies. If you want small crappies, but a ton of action, head to Boxell lake just east of Longville.

If you are next to Man, you could try out pick lake just East of where you would turn to come in to Man. Small, but have seen others out there in the past...not sure how well they did, but it's worth a try..

Steve

Pick could be great, I have caught nice crappies and sunnies there in the summer. Be very careful of the current in Pick though. It runs right through the middle of the lake and empties into child lake. I'm not sure how safe the ice would be. It is also a difficult lake to access unless you walk through the swamp off of the the dirt road that leads to deep portage.