• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

engine block heater

bhs91

Question

I just bought my mother-in-law's 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with a 5.2 liter V8...In looking at the original info from the dealer it states she did pay for the block engine heater but she never used it for the last 12 years since she has a heated garage...I however, don't have that luxury and would now like to fine the darn thing but can't find the plug-in cord...Now I am slightly more mechanically inclined than a mosquito so some specific locations would be great if anyone can help out...

Thanks,

BHS

3 answers to this question

Passenger side of the engine in the rear frost in the block. If its there it should be easier to spot from underneath. It will have a brass/golden color rather than rust or silver color. If it is there the cords can get hidden pretty well in the see of black everything running all over. Find the element in the block and you should be able to find the other end of the cord if its there?

I had the same issue with my Ford. Is it due for an oil change? I was getting frustrated looking for mine and went in for a oil change and asked them to help me find it. Once it is up on the rack it's not hard to find. Best $21 bucks I ever spent.