• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

everyone remember to thank your resort

fasterthanyou

hey i just want to thank jay and amber from wilderness resort for everything they do for us as costumers they are a awesome resort i was at a resort on the east side and i wont reveal the name of it but jay and ambers roads blow them out of the water. everyone jay never even was able to get ambers fish house on the lake they were to busy helping everyone else. that in my mind means dedication to there costumers. i would recomended them to anyone. hey jay i cought walleyes every weekend i was up with atleast two limits and just awesome fishing. we will see you for the eye opener thanks again

I would like to also thank Barry Hines and the boys at Izatys for providing great service and top-rate customer service. Anyone who has ever rented from them knows they go the extra mile. From delivering a case of beer to your shack to providing a gas grill, those guys will do it. Thanks!

As a season customer of Jerry Brandt's, I'd like to thank Jerry and crew for battling with the crack between 4 mile and 5 mile, it has been a bridge killer, a back breaker, and a skid plate tester! I have lost count how many times they've moved the bridge. Let's all hope it ain't there next year! Also, Jerry dropped a truck in this year, and was bridging the crack within a week after extracting it. That's dedication. The list goes on and on... smile.gif

Wanted to jump in and thank everyone at Hunter's Point. It was our rookie year for my wife and I and we couldn't be happier. George, Linda, Cassie, Dee, and the whole gang are top notch. Looking forward to a great summer!

I would also like to thank Wilderness warmth Jay and Amber for a awesome year.your roads are second to none,and when other neighboring resorts customers were using your roads instead of their resort,that say's it all.the fishing was extreamly great with lots of limits.it is nice to know if i need help all i have to do is call or look for the green strobes'no matter what time of night.i recomend you guys to everyone.THANKS FOR A GREAT YEAR !!!!!! P.s your service and prices are also second to none !!!! I have over 22yrs experiance on this lake with all kinds of different resorts,their services,plowed roads and fees,so this is based on that exp.your guy's attitude and friendliness is awesome.Thank's Again !!!!

I would like to thank Macs Twin Bay for another great winter of service. #1 on the lake in my opinion. Kevin and Karen are great people. And there staff is the best around. The roads are always big and clear I have never had a problem getting around on the resort. Also buzzies on the bay deserves alot of credit for running a class bar and resturant. There food is the best on the lake and there night time karoke is alot of fun way to go buzzies.

icefishingnut77

I'm new to Brandt's (about a month) but so far I like everything I've seen. Propane delivery, plowing, transfering the house when I bought it, and of course the prices. I plan to be there for a long time.

We stayed in one of Hunter's rentals and were very impressed. Very nice houses!! After all the snow on Saturday night I thought there was no way I would be able to drive my car off and would have to stay later than expected grin.gif but they had it plowed out and I didn't even need to shovel. One of the resorts neighbors(Wally) deserves a big thank you for letting us sleep on his floor when we couldn't get back out to the house from the resort Saturday night. Best of all we even got some fish!!!

IMG_0054c.jpg

IMG_0026c.jpg

it looks like u might have caught a buzz too? Haha, the keg in the background is a very nice touch.

I would also like to thank Jay and Amber. I did not go through and madE it back every time. That says alot in my

book. I called Jay and Amber earlier today and they were out

plowing past the point to get another resorts shack. Very good people. They also are plowing their roads. I will being going up this week and this is good to know.

Thanks Guys,

SHACKBASH

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.