• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trailer value

hitthebricks

Question

I need to replace my epuiptment trailer and will need to sell it in the For Sale forum but have no idea what a well used 18' x 82" flatbead with 4' drop gate, tandom axel, 7000lb trailer is worth. Any ideas, and where would be a good place to pick up a new one. Thanks HTB

7 answers to this question

You mean 102", right?? That's legal width.

Anyways, Absolute Trailers in IGH is where I usually head, but there's so many dealers. My last trailer I bought (26' x 102", 14k lbs flatbed) I paid $4600, but that was a dealer that was going bankrupt.

Felling makes a nice trailer, but you're paying alot for the name.

PJ trailers are around alot, and they're cheaply priced, but sometimes you're getting what you pay for as well.

I had a trailer from Ace Trailers in Shakopee once, an 8.5' x 24' flatbed, paid just over $3000 for it, but it was only rated at 5000 lbs, basically a mowing trailer, and that was 7-8 years ago.

I priced out a Felling a couple of years ago, back when I bought my 26' Abu trailer, but they were about $2000 more, for a trailer that was 2' shorter.

Anyways, might want to check out Featherlite's website, they've got used trailers, and new listed, or try any of the "Trader" magazines you see at the gas station, there's always tons and tons listed in there.

This is the time of year to start to sell, there'll be tons of guys looking to get ready for the spring, especially those that've gotten the fat bankroll from the bank, thinking they're going to get rich this summer. grin.gif

Lmn, your right about the width, I went to Absolute Trailers today to see what was avalable and to check prices. The setup I like only is avalable in 7k lbs trailers and all the 10k trailers are dovetailed for loading bobcats etc. I need to decide soon so I can build and weld the racks to it so any input is helpful. thanks HTB

I know of Ace Trailers in Shakopee, not too far from ValleyFair.

Best thing I can say is, go get a Bargain Trader from the nearest Holiday / SA / Marathon, or look online TraderOnline.com and you find more trailer dealers than you know what to do with.

I don't know how their prices compare but the guys at Ace are great to deal with. I got their undivided attention and friendly service. My ball hitch was the wrong size so they threw in a new one. My flasher wasn't strong enough for the trailer lights so they put on a new one. They did all the paperwork hassle for the gov. and licensing, all that stuff for no extra charge. They made sure everything was right before I left the parking lot. Good people.

HTB -

One other thing you might want to do, pull the trailer with you, see what they'll give you for a trade, or at least call them ahead of time and see if they're interested in a trade.

Even if they're not, try to take some pictures of the trailer when you go look at a new one, I'm sure most of the dealers can give you an idea on what your used one is worth.

I would list it in the For Sale Equip forum with a Best Offer only price, then decide to sell it or not depending on the offer.

I woudl start with a $ 1,000 or less section, if it sells for more we will "squeeze" you for the difference....

wink.gif