• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who cares leave your garbage on the lake!

kgpcr4

Bet they think about it next trip? Maybe the lesson they needed if not well everyone reading this will be a little more aware of what they are doing. WAY TO GO!! laugh.gif

Quote:

Quote:

About the upbringing thing, I dont think that how you were raised has anything to do with littering. If your dad, or whoever, does not tell you not to litter when you are young, dont blame him.

Gotta disagree with that. Most (not all) people act they way they were taught to act. We taught our kids to care for and respect the outdoors and they do. They pick up after themselves and will also pick up the garbage left by the slobs of the world.

And yes I do remember the give a hoot don't pollute and the Native American on the horse looking at the junk with a tear in his eye(kinda dates me a little blush.gif)

Oh yeah, I remember the old commercials from the 1970's that had Iron Eyes Cody in it and that car goes by and throws out trash and then his eye tears up. I will admit, our campsite gets kind of messy but when we leave, you would never know someone camped there

Quote:

I will admit, our campsite gets kind of messy but when we leave, you would never know someone camped there

The end of your statement is the important part grin.gif

I must have found the garbage the original guy was talking about because our group picked up about that many 1 lb tanks of propane. Sickening, really, when it is so beautiful up there.