• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vexilar

Quackaddict9

Question

Last night I was out on Upper Red Lake for the evening. My vexilar FL-18 was acting up with static-like/colors flashing all the time and used AZ mode and it worked fine the last 3 feet. My blazer was parked right by my portable ice house, and when I warmed up the Blazer, went back in the ice house and the Vexilar was all fine, couldnt figure out the problem then turned off the blazer and acted up again. Why does it do that when the blazer is not running? Should I be parking a little ways away?

3 answers to this question

I have a similar problem. Mine is a little slow to start. It makes a noise and after a while it sounds OK. Check your battery, mine is on its last leg and starts acting funny even though the charge says full. Mine holds up for about 8 hrs. If you have a new one, it may do the trick.

Good Luck!

had same problem today i just hitting IR button till its less flashing. i think it flashing cuz my battery r low or my car park too close to my portable...

Take your hand and wipe the surface of the iceducer, sometimes when mine acts up it is because there is ice or some other sht on it.