• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

auger mix ratio

broman

Question

I bought a used 8" icemaster auger. I've never owned a power auger before. What is the mix ratio that I should be using?

10 answers to this question

24:1 - 1 bottle strikemaster oil to 1 gallon of gas.

There may or may not be a sticker on the gas tank that should confirm this.

Thanks for the info on the ratio.

I have another question.

I have some oil for mixing with my outboard, can I use that, or should I buy the strikemaster stuff?

Most two cycle oils will work. The strikemaster oil is smokeless which is nice. But I'd suggest, like many on this forum, to pick up some Amsoil oil. I started using that in my strikemaster a couple weeks ago and am very pleased!

I was told by an Amzoil rep that I could run my auger at 100:1 but, if I felt uncomfortable with that, I could run it at 50:1.... This seem odd to me. I would think 24:1 means 24:1..right?

Breeze confused.gif

There are a couple of different applications mentioned in this thread, so it causes this to be a longer reply.

First, thank the government and EPA for a lot of the confusion. In order to get the emissions down, it has necessitated having several different 2-stroke oil formulations for different applications. There is a lot of crossover between them, in most cases any will provide lubrication, but for best performance use the correct one.

AMSOIL has 5 different 2-cycle oils. All AMSOIL 2-cycle lubes are di-ester based synthetic products that are ashless and burn away clean leaving no carbon behind.

First, for all air-cooled pre-mix engines use AMSOIL Saber Professional (product code ATP). Because AMSOIL is synthetic and a far superior lubricant compared to petroleum (fossil) based lubes, you get better lubrication with far less oil. AMSOIL recommends Saber Professional as lean as 100-1 mix ratios and gives you a safe lubrication guarantee. Because this is so much leaner than many are used to using, you can use it richer. Many people are using it at 80-1 while some are using it at 50-1. Even at 50-1 it operates nearly smokeless in most machines.

Saber Professional comes in several package sizes, get the one that suits your needs best: pillow pack that mixes 1 gallon of gas (ATP-PK), 8 oz bottle that mixes 5 gallons at 80-1 or 6 at 100-1 (ATP-BC), quart bottle that mixes 20 at 80-1 or 25 at 100-1 (ATP-QT).

To order, follow my link below, then on to the on-line store. AMSOIL ships from the closest regional distribution center via UPS to your door, next business day delivery to many.

The second application mentioned in this thread is outboards. AMSOIL has Saber Outboard for the smaller pre-mix engines. Like its brother above, Saber Outboard can be used as lean as 100-1.

For all oil-injection water-cooled engines, use AMSOIL HP-Injector. (For oil-injection, or can be used as pre-mix at 50-1.)

To mention the rest, use AMSOIL Interceptor for your power-valve 2-stroke machines (most 2-stroke snowmobiles) (product code AIT), and for high performance/racing/modified engines use AMSOIL Dominator (most dirt bikes and some ATVs depending on use) (product code TDR)

I mixed my outboard gas that was 50 to 1 with more oil to make it as near 24 to 1 as I could. I fired it up and ran it for a couple of minutes.

I have ran 2 tanks of Sabre 100-1 mix in my strike master and all I can say is that I am completely sold!! This is the 4th winter I have had this auger with out problems and I can honestly say that it has never started or ran better than it does now using sabre. Very little smoke and starts in 1-2 pulls everytime even when it was 20 below

I use one of the fist icemasters sold and that one clearly states on the gas tank 32to1!