• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Edge Juice power enhancer

walligator

Question

Does anybody have experience with this unit for a 6.0 powerstroke diesel.Wondering how much better fuel economy actually is and the performance.

7 answers to this question

There are many forums about diesel performance and you are welcome to check them out.

I am a Dodge owner, but the product is basically same. Edge products are good, you will see an improvement on your mileage by 2mpg or more and definitely more power and torque.

This is what's called a Fueling Box, it will change your timing and ECM settings.

Beware the most common negative aspect of any power enhancement is that your transmission will not like it, regardless of brand, you will end up with problems soon, unless you modify it for the extra power added (usually heavier duty torque converter).

I also suggest a full set of extra gauges (Transmission temp, exhaust temp, and boost gauge) they will help keeping one eye on your powertrain, you won't believe what's going on in many situations until you have gauges.

I hope this helps you, and welcome to the world of souped up (BOMBed) diesel trucks, which is a VERY fast growing sector.

Beware, this is an addiction, it's hard to stop...... grin.gif

Quote:

Beware, this is an addiction, it's hard to stop......
grin.gif

No doubt!

I had a Juice on my '03 Duramax and got another one for my '06 so I can't complain about the product. Both did help the MPG as long as you didn't drive it like a race car. I noticed a gain when doing a lot of highway driving over stock power. The truck seemed to run better at those speeds with the box and it is also fun to drive around town as well. Hard on the rear tires though. wink.gif

Definitely remove it, it's an easy job just plugs into your harness, dealers DO NOT like these, you might loose your warranty if they find it.

Do plenty of homework on this before jumping into it. Your motor has a 100k warrantee on it but rest stops at 36k. I run a SuperChips, it’s not the same power but I think it’s safer. Lots of 6.0 owners will tell you the Edge stuff burns up trannys. The best part about them, in my mind, is the ability to get all the gauges right in one package. The bad part would be finding out how much a transition is to replace. Any mpg increase for me has been eaten up with my foot. As stated above, there are really good forums dedicated to just your truck and motor. Check them out!

Probably the number one concern with adding any power boost to a diesel motor is the Exhaust Gas Temps. EGT's must be monitored with teh proper gauge or you will melt your turbo or worse. Most of the time the stock exhaust cannot release the gasses fast enough to keep those EGT's down so you may need to replace your exhaust with something bigger and more free flowing. If you keep an eye on those and know your limit then it becomes a matter of having a drivetrain that can sustain the abuse.

If you keep your truck in the "economy" mode you will see an improvement in mileages as long as you drive like you do normally. If you enjoy the extra power, turn up the power mode and hammer down on it you will definately have to monitor your gauges as well as your tranny. You will likely lose MPG but you might have a permanant grin. The Edge products are pretty "safe" on the vehicle, but they can still cause damamge because the stock drivetrain isn't designed to handle all the extra torque you will make.

Check out a website called Ford Truck World. Its a site that started just Fishingmn. Lots of great info from average joes just trying to help another guy out. They will be able to answer any of the questions you have and will probably have you spending way more money on better products than the Edge. I'ma founding member of the MN chapter there. CHeck us out.