• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2/11-13th report

Twinfisher1

Went out of Hillmans on Sunday, then JR's on Monday & Tuesday (Stayed at Meadow Creek Cabins). All I can say is "at least the weather was nice". It was sunny with little to no wind so we were able to fish outside. All three days we moved every 20 minutes or so and drilled 5-6 holes in each spot(mostly around rough ice). We started 5.5 miles out of Hillmans, worked our way out to center bar and ended up on the South shore. The best walleye action was around the SE corner. We marked very few fish, most of the fish we marked we caught. Between 3 guys we caught 1 crappie, 5 keeper walleyes, 4 perch (released 6 walleyes - a few just a hair over 17"). The ice is thick which made drilling lots of holes difficult. We also got to experience the Red Lake earthquake on Sunday night - my Dad was fishing near a heave that grew a few inches after the quake was over. Anyways I still have crappie fever and plan to go back soon.

thanx for the report even though you didnt have much luck. we were up there last weekend too and only caught one walleye. it seems most people only post reports when they do well enticing people like me to drive 5 hours thinking i will have my limit in 2 hours blush.gif) oh well, i know the fish are there so i will be back too.