• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Battle Creek or Tanners Lake

Anybody fishing these lakes? They are right by my work and would be easy to hit at lunch or after work. The only information I have is on summer fishing. Any ice fishing advice would be greatly appreciated.

They both kinda suck. Tanner's always has a lot of dirt bike or atv traffic on it. Battle Creek has the ablity to put out some hammerhandles and very small panfish. If I were you I'd drive a little further north and hit up WBL or Bald Eagle

If I had to fish one of the two it would be Battle Creek. There are plenty of pike mostly smaller but it has put out a fair amount of 30"+ fish. Their is an aerator but it is marked very well.

Their is a good reason Tanners doesnt get much talk...It just doesnt seem to have any good fishing as far as size and numbers. They usually have a contest out there each year and from what Ive heard the "big" fish is usually pretty small.

You need to spend a considerable amount of time on both lakes to learn the fishing patterns. I've had pretty good luck on them over the past years but usually in the Spring & Fall only.

it wouldnt hurt to go out to battle creek. there is about a 15 ft. hole near the middle. check the edges for 12-13 ft. areas and drop some tipups. i have seen some fairly nice northerns come up. if you like eating northern especially. you can definitely get some eaters.