• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Finally! Red Lake!

Dkoy

OMG! Been waiting all season and finally I get to come up to Red. Been working too much, while pondering the thought of pulling up a slab/eye out of the whole at the office. Got a booking this weekend fri/sat/sun. Now after reading the same post for so many times. I need to clearify some stuff, if you all can help...

1. Extension: Will be cruising out and about in a portable during the day, will a 12" extention be enough on a Jiffy STX to reach through the ice?

2. My main artillary consist of Red glow and green glow:Varmits, Rattln Buckshots, demons, and hooks. Will that be enough to tackle the weekend?

3. Weather Conditions? Will I survive hole hoppin with a Big Buddy in a portable(clam 2000)?

4. From your experience's, when are the "HOT BITE" times, in order to plan accordingly of when to eat at sleeper or should I just keep fishing?

5. 2 lbs or 4lb or 6 lb line?

6. Last, Jack's or Captain?

Any advice appreciated. This is a very much anticipated trip (sadly probably 1st and last for this season). Thx guys!

#1 Bring an extension

#2 Should be great plenty

#3 Sounds like its suppose to warm up so it shouldnt be a problem unless the wind blows real hard

#4 Hot bite can happen at any time sleep when your tired eat when your hungry

#5 I have used #8 three trips this year and have got my limit of crappies and walleyes twice and was a little short the third time.

#6 Miller Lite smile.gif

The person you booked the sleeper should be able to answer the questions you have asked. They are out there everyday.