• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay FM Pics

The Cranker

Daniellewithherveryfirstwalleye.jpg

Danielle's Very First Walleye Ever!!! S4020832.jpg

Danille and The Cranker after her first Walleye!!! S4020841.jpg

She got another one! This time its a pout! Most fisherman won't even touch a pout. Danielle is a true fisherwoman! HotFisherwomen.jpg

Lissa and Danielle having fun out on the ice at Appeldoorn's TheCrewfromInverGroveHeightswithThe.jpg

To the whole crew from Inver Grove Heights, Mn. Thank you so much for sharing your ice fishing experience with us at Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort! You were a lot of fun! See you again next year!

Fish On!!!

DSC_0041-1.jpg

Randy's Nice Perch DSC_0039-1.jpgSunsetsonthelake.jpg

Beautiful Sunsets at Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort DoeIsland.jpg

Doe Island DSC_0043.jpg

Nice Walleye Randy!

Fish On!!!

wilcraft2005.jpg

Filming of Minnesota Bound P1010135.jpg

Nice Fish! DSCN1976-1.jpg

Now here are some trophy's! Shaun's 30 and a half incher and Jeremy's 28 and a half incher!!! Nice Fish Guys!

Dude,

I have to hang out with you more often. After seeing those pictures I've decided the whole sleep thing is overrated anyways laugh.gif

Nice pix cranker next time i am there maybe i can land some fish like that. Hopefully will make the Appeldoorn's FM get together next year sounds like a blast keep up the good work hear lots of great things about u and Appeldorn's from HL grin.gif

cranker!! hey to bad we missed each other all the time , that's how it goes. Robb, Scott and myself had a great time! {we think grin.gif} definately worth the 11hr. drive appledorns is a very nice place. Allready talked about making it a yearly trip. Long ways for 2 walleye and 2 perch, but thats fishing.Thanks for everything . keep up the good work!!! Your new fisher friend from IN. Todd

Harvey Lee!! Just wanted to let you know we had a great time last wkd. and thank you very much for hanging around for the afternoon and giving us some tips. 30plus hrs of no sleep takes it toll on a person crazy.gifcrazy.gif and of course to much fun! The house was fun to stay in, First time for us sleeping on ice. Take care and i hope you liked the skis ,thank you for your ideas {very good ones to} Fishing in IN. isn't that bad maybe you will have to make the trip sometime!! Your new fisher friend. Todd

Thanks for coming Todd.

I wish you much success in your ski idea! Hope to see you again next year. Hopefully I will not be as busy and we can visit more.

Take care, and I am glad that you made it home safe to Indiana.

Fish On!!!

Dan,

Please get in contact with me about those cabins for the Royal Flush Hunt Club. I have our website up and running now and want to direct you too our site. We will be up and running here on FM sometime next week.

I wish I was able to do your competetion next week.

Fish On!!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.