• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

URL Slabfest II - Roll Call

hanson

Chris, scratch one from the list. frown.gif My son backed out. Apparently teenage girls are more appealing than fishing with dad. Go figure.

I'll still be there, however.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hanson

• Paul Waldowski

• Borch

• frogtosser

Quote:

Chris, scratch one from the list.
frown.gif
My son backed out. Apparently teenage girls are more appealing than fishing with dad. Go figure.

Boilerguy... Wait til I post my fishing report from Feb 17-19, he may want back in! smile.gif

Best trip I've ever made to Red, possibly ever!

I'll get the roll call tallied up here later guys and probably be posting more info as well.

I think we are going to have some fun!

sounds like some snow and a little colder temps. winters back boys. oh well all the exercise from running around and catching fish will keep me enterained. who knows maybe we can make snow angels like in north dakota.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Quote:

forgot to ask; do we need auger extensions?

Bring two. If you don't need them both you can share with a friend. wink.gif

I will be there as well. I will have about four guys from southern mn and southern IOWA with me WATCH OUT!

hi there I am new to this fourm and want to say hi to everyone. Myself and a couple buddies of mine and a couple of their kids are going to be heading up to Red this Friday and if we don't head up to LOTW we would like to me up with everyone for slabfest sounds like it could be a lot of fun

Thanks and good fishing

Chad

Man I sure do want to attend this but my pickup is in the shop so I cant get my lodge up there.

Good luck guys! What a way to close the season.

Quote:

hi there I am new to this fourm and want to say hi to everyone. Myself and a couple buddies of mine and a couple of their kids are going to be heading up to Red this Friday and if we don't head up to LOTW we would like to me up with everyone for slabfest sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Would love to have you join us. The more the merrier!

The kids are most definitely welcome. In fact, if I can find some hot holes, I'd like to get all of the kids fishing in that area so they can get on a good bite.

I also have an offer from a fellow FMer to do a free crappie mount to whoever catches the biggest crappie. At this time, I want one of the youngsters who catches a big crappie to get the mount! I should have more details on this soon. Stay Tuned!

Remember... Departure time will be at 12 noon from Tall Tales @ Hillman's. Please meet up with us there between 11am & noon, pick up your road fee, bait, other necessities, and we'll be on our way.

I'll be scouting again on Friday as well as Saturday morning before the 'fest. If we can't find something, somethings wrong.

Hey... just heading up there this friday night.. pulling a buddies fishouse up there and staying there for the weekend.. Never been up there or fished with anyone off the forum.. sounds like a fun time.. maybe we'll see ya up there...

TB

Kid's Contest for Free Crappie Mount!

I've finally got the details ironed out and I'm happy to say that a fellow FM'er, TRM, is willing to donate a Crappie Mount to the Slabfest!

Tyson Mann, or TRM as he's known online, runs Nature Scenes Taxidermy out of East Bethel, MN.

The winner of the mount will be awarded by Me! smile.gif And I am not eligible. frown.gif

I decided immediately that this contest will be for the kids only, so hopefully one of the kids in attendance sticks a big one!

If there is a relatively close tie for largest crappie, I'll throw names in a hat for a random drawing.

Here is a picture of some of TRM's work. They look nice to me!

crappiemountwz1.jpg

Thank you Tyson (TRM)!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Very Nice!!!

Thanks Tyson!

Hanson, great job on those fish grin.gif anyway I'll be leaving early friday a.m. probably wont be able to sleep at all thursday nite anyway blush.gif I'll just radio check every now and then and hang with buddy till someone shows up.

ICE DOG 1 out

Gonna be out of Hillman's this weekend. Be with a buddy and his young son on our annual thank you trip for their inviting me to hunt NoDak on grandpa's huge farm. I know Connor will be all over trying to win that crappie mount. Anybody that wants to stop by; cream with charcoal striped house pulled by charcoal GMC crew cab. Flying a white flag with a red triangle but can't say a whole lot more about that on this site without becoming a healthy scratch. grin.gif Not sure exactly where we'll be, I usually go by the seat of my pants. Guaranteed not to be in any type of group. In fact, we may be that speck on the horizon that you're wondering about. Good luck to all this weekend.

Radio channel?

Quote:

The kids are most definitely welcome. In fact, if I can find some hot holes, I'd like to get all of the kids fishing in that area so they can get on a good bite.

Er ah I may look 40 but I have that premature aging thing so you can hook me up with a good area laugh.gif Not for the mount just the slabs!

Fellow FMr Cheetah and I will be getting there mid morning friday. Leaving the cities around 5.

Sutty

Alrighty Guys...

I got the list updated best I can. Current tally is purt near 75 people! Thats about triple the attendance from last year if everyone makes it. I'm excited! It should be a fun weekend!

I'll have the Roll Call list with me at Tall Tales and I'd appreciate if everyone could check in. For those of you who haven't made the list yet, by all means, stop in and say hi!

Remember to bring the kids with! We'll have a little contest for a free crappie mount for the kids. No cheating please! Fish must be fresh & flopping when I measure them. smile.gif

Other than that, travel safe everyone and hope to see you up there.

I'm leaving town this evening and will be on the ice in the morning trying to find some crappies for us. The rumor is my spot from last weekend has been invaded so we're starting over again. Guess I should have kept my mouth shut! frown.gif

My cell phone doesn't work up there but I'll have the 2 way radio on Channel 7.

I hope everyone can find there way and meet up, I don't want to leave anyone behind or excluded this year.

I am about ready to get out of here and start my trip. I am going to Fargo tonight and will fishing the trip tomorrow morning. I was pretty cool stopped by Gander Mountain in Fargo tonight to pick up some stuff for the fest and I ran into a college classmate I haven't seen for about 6 years. I wouldn't have met him if it wasn't for needing some stuff for the weekend.