• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

URL Slabfest II - Roll Call

hanson

Aces, Hillmans is super easy to find. Instead of turning left on to Rogers road, just keep going a couple more miles and you will be there. If you are intrested in meeting up, let me know. Good luck

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hanson

• Paul Waldowski

• Borch

• frogtosser

As you are heading North into Waskish Hillmans is on the right side of the road just past the post office by mile marker #36.

Plan is that da wife and I are comin'. She's been felling a bit left out this winter, and she wants to meet Patsy. shocked.gif

Aces in the Hole-

You guys should make the drive around for the day... even just to meet up at Hillman's Store, meet a few guys, and bs for awhile.

I do have my permanent shack at Roger's Campground and thats where I'm spending the night. I've been fishing on Hillman's Rd out of portables lately as thats where my crappie confidence is. The drive around is not bad at all, plus you can stop into Westwinds or Tall Tales.

Hanson are you just getting around with the pickup or are you running the Cat out there?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hillman's is pretty easy to find. Go back out to the main road and drive into Waskish. Hillmans will be in town ont he left hand sideof the road. There road is directionly across from the baitshop etc.. Hope you can make it. IF not we'll understand. wink.gif

Quote:

Hanson are you just getting around with the pickup or are you running the Cat out there?

I'm not even bringing my sleds. Most of the lake is bare ice with sporadic snow drifts. You can drive wherever you want.

Does anyone have an open spot in there sleeper? I go up to red lake hospital once per year for my company to do some work there and it is normally in march. They wanted to do it earlier this year so I am now scrambling to find a sleeper shack for the weekend of Feb 23-25. I am going to be driving up and working on friday till around 4:30 (probably earlier). then plan on staying till sunday morning-afternoon. I have a portable and all of needed gear but am looking for somewhere to hit the hay at night. Give me a call if anyone could spare a bunk! Cell: (612) 730-9285.

I'll be there Sat. afternoon with 2 nephews and I'll look you up. I imagine Kelly will know where you are? Stan C.

I will be up there for sure with 3 Red Lake fishing virgins! Too bad they are guys! See you all them! We are renting a wheelhouse and will be out of Hillmans.

Sweet I like being able to drive anywhere in a pickup. How crazy is that Feb. upper red and you can go anywhere with a pickup. Darn it I didn't think to ask last week before I took my sled into the shop oh well it's running good now.

Thanks everyone for the directions to Hilmans. I looked at the map and it isn't far at all from Rogers. We are still trying to decide what we are doing. Looks like rain/snow on Saturday the 24th. Maybe mother nature will cooperate and be sunny and in the 30's. I will have a for sure answer for you guys next week. I hope everyone has a good weekend up there this weekend, I will be on Mille Lacs this weekend trying to catch Jumbos. Again, thanks for the directions to Hilmans!! Hopefully I will see you guys in 9 days!

dnice1707 and b/have will be there as well, first timers, along with a small band of gypsies are meeting us up there.

were bringing the dynomite Who wants to light it? wink.gif

I guess I don't need to worry about trying to find a place to stay. I have a 16 foot sleeper I am borrowing from a friend. It's a Ice caslte too!! Looks like I am going to be living luxurious for slab fest.

Almost forgot to mention Hanson you can count me in for two. My girlfriend is going to be coming along for her first overnight on the ice fishing trip!! I will have to bring the radios. Also about how far out are you planning on going down Hillmans road? I want to be in the general vicinity since I will have a drop down shack. That way if anyone in the crew needs to come warm up for any un-foreseen reason it won't be too far away.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'd get out there 5 miles give or take and find an open spot to set the shack. We'll be working that "General" area.

Can't make it this year, have Ottertail plans for that date. Hanson, any idea what date this would take place next year, Feburary 2008? I grabbed a calendar for next year off the web, last Feb weekend is 23rd and 24th. Any idea?

Charlie

count me in and 3 others, we are bringing a wheelhouse and a couple portables also. are people staying over until sunday? cant wait to get there.

that's it bp! i called cookie this morning and told him to put your shack a 1/4 mile east of the shoreline. will see who wears womens pants now grin.gif

we are coming up friday night about 10pm, Paul how far out do you think you guys will be? We have a wheelhouse and are going to fish out of it at night and meet up with everyone on saturday.

Sounds like we will be starting between 5-6 miles out on Hillmans road. My cell number is 651-247-6053