• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone know what lake in the area would be my best bet for some desent size pike? Any info would be apprecited, thanks Norm

The Whitefish Chain is a dependable bet for larger pike. Just locate some cabbage and set some large shiners up high this time of year.

Lincoln Lakes area is not a bad bet either (Alex and Fish Trap). I would not say you are going to hook into a wall mounter, but there are some good sized pike. If you hook into something over 32", chances are its a muskie. We have pulled some huge muskie out of both lakes during the summer. I released a 39" muskie this winter (not bad for a summer fish, but one hell of a good time pulling through an 8" hole) along with tons of pike. Make sure to check the pike slot size for Alex. It's posted at the boat access..

Was on Cross Lake on Monday, tipup fishing. We caught about 6-8 small to med-small (26" biggest) pike on suckers in about 18-23 FOW over weeds, on a sharp break. We had about another 10 flags that we missed... man, not sure how we missed that many, but we did. Didn't miss any the previous day on a different lake. FYI - we had more flags on rigs with a chartruese spinner or beads than anything else. Also lost a decent sized one when it cut my mono leader that was holding a chartruese and yellow jig, with small sucker on it.

A couple of our guides had a pike trip yesterday. Sounds like it was red hot. I know that they had to come in for more shiners about 11 am. A few lakes I would recommend are Edwards, Gull, or the Gull Chain. The whitefish chain is also an awesome pike lake. I know that they had fish up to 14# yesterday. Tip-ups and shiners were the ticket.

Jason Erlandson

Well it looks like I got a good number of options, Ill hopefully be heading out tommarow morning to give it a try. thanks for the replies...norm........Oh and Jason, the sharpened blades I picked up the other day worked great,I guess it really doesnt take much to throw those those old strikemaster blades off, thanks