• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I would like to fish Amen lake, but I understand there is no public acess. I met a guy at my work once who said I could get onto the lake by paying one of the homeowners to access it through their property. Anybody have a clue how to get on? If anyone can help, thanks in advance!!!

[email protected]

Yeah i live on Amen lake and there is an access and they charge $10 to get onto the lake. The fishing has been pretty good you have to sort through the small ones usually but if you hit it just right its really good. You need to fish from sunset and later if you really want to get into them. If you happen to come out fishing my german shepard will probably show you were to fish on the lake and fallow you out so don't be to alarmed his name is Buck. Good luck let me know if you do any good.

fishforever7,

Thanks for the info. Are you talking about crappies then? If I get out there, I'll keep my eye out for Buck!

Yeah the crappies are about all I would recomend fishing on the lake. The northern population is also high but I personally haven't caught anything to be proud of. I usually catch around 15 an hour after dark.

I notice on google maps that there is a W. Amen Lake Road, with a few roads that diverge from that toward the lake. Where is the access in relation to that road? Is it easy to find? Also, where can you find the craps, what depth? Someone said by the islands, is this a good location to try?

Thanks!!!

Very few people i know fish the island on that lake unless they know something i don't know. I always fish a 35ft hole located on the northwest part of the lake. There are 2 fish houses out there right now one being a green camper which is just on the east side of the 35ft hole. You will see all the holes drilled in the ice once you get over there. There is also a spear house on the north side of the hole but its in shallow water. To get to the access just stay on Amen Lake Rd the entire time. If you look at the google earth map you can see the road comes out to the point and that is were the landing is located. The road turns right coming into the owners driveway and the access is just at the bottom of the hill. The owner drives a GMC sonoma crew cab which is dark blue i believe you will have to pay at her house. She is an elderly lady and her name is Evelyn. Hope this helps let me know if you cant figure my directions out. good luck