• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Gordie

little elk lake thefts

Gordie

a bunch of fishouses got vanalized and stole a bunch of stuff from them. well I just got off the phone with a friend of mine and he told me that they caught the guy. my buddy said he wasnt sure of the guys name but he lives near the lake and was partying with someone and said something about it and they called the police and they checked it out and found the stolen stuff in the guys garage and some of the stuff has been returned to their rightfull owners. the guy broke the window in my fishouse and a few other ones. he didnt steal anything of mine but its just $ucks that he had to break the window that I just fixed from last years break in who knows maybe he did that too. at least he was caught and I hope justice prevails!

MCI

Just got back from checking my house, all ok. I wonder if a guy is better off taking all of his stuff out of the house every night and leave them unlocked, this way nothing gets stolen and better yet no door or window to fix. It sucks that a guy has to think that way, but honest people are getting fewer and fewer each year. I used to live in the Brainerd area and the same thing happened to me, they also caught the guys that did it. the kicker is they lived in Brooklyn Park. What do ya do? thanks for the heads up.

jigginjim

I just wish we could leave our houses on a lake without it be trashed.

Gordie

The sheriffs dept said that if anyone has anything damaged or missing from the break in that they should report it by calling 763-241- 2500 . I called and reported it and they said that when he is proecuted that he will have to pay restatution for all the partys involed. I also heard another story on how he was caught and I'm tring to find out the truth and will post it then.

12 gauge justice sounds good but I'll leave the law to the law.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Thorne Bros
      This Saturday we're hanging out and talking ice fishing!! Looking forward to seeing everyone!! We have an exciting day planned!!   See you there!!
    • PSU
      Hello Friends   Well it appears our dock company will not be able to lift our dock this season (Frazer Bay/Smart's Bay area) due to his lifting barge only being in this area first weekend in October and we like to keep the dock in until after MEA (this year ending October 21). Any suggestions? It's a pretty simple A Frame with a ladder and an L. I know I could do it myself, but have always preferred to have someone else do it.   Thanks for any insight 
    • jgrimmz
      The panfish tip above is a good tip for Webb. I grew up fishing that lake and I'd say good luck! I haven't caught anything worthwhile in the boat on Webb in years. Tips vary based on species, but the points are good and look for the "hidden treasures"
    • jbell1981
      Curious what that cost to have it surveyed if you don't mind sharing.
    • Surface Tension
      Questions. Would you like something on a motor route. Stick to or fish smaller lakes. Travel distance. How many days.
    • Wanderer
      If you have an aluminum boat and open access to bottom of the hull, you can just set the transducer in a little puddle of water inside the boat.  The signal of a working unit will read just fine through the hull.
    • BrianF
      Ace (or anyone for that matter), have you been able to pinpoint the conditions that bring the big smallies up shallow in the fall?  Water temp perhaps?  Moon phase? A bait connection?  We saw this happen by chance a couple of years ago, which resulted in some very large smallies coming over the rails.  Didn’t weigh the biggest but my guess was 6lbs+.     Just trying to to see if this shallow movement can be predicted.    Brian 
    • leech~~
      pikeandchester, your kid is priceless!   You know that you wouldn't be going by your self much anymore-Right! 😅
    • Tom Sawyer
      Deep weed edges have produced crappie during the transition period, before the water gets in the 50s. Rigging or jigging chubs have been a standard tactic for walleye this time of year. If your noticing a lot of debris throughout the water column, turnover may be going on, fish a bigger body of water, they turn over a little latter. Have not been on Webb, just tips for this time of year.... Good luck!
    • Fishouttawater
      Try pine lake off of McFarland. Easy to get to and good size eyes. You’d need a portable fish finder though. Interesting lake for eyes. Basswood is awesome too but it’s a haul.