• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
glenn57

truck down

glenn57

heard a truck went thru the ice on a long lake. is it true or false? what long lake hawick willmar richmond, where?

LMITOUT

I heard on the radio last week about two brothers who followed each other into the lake (two trucks). The news story really didn't go into other details and figured I'd hear something about it here but never did.

Rebels75

The two brothers that went through the ice were coming off during a white out. They got turned around and drove over some new ice that was opened just days before.

eyewarrior

2 bros Thats the last one I know about. Be careful there was still open water east of the island today. With the cold weather forcast if the open water freezes over there could be more swimming!

BrianLucky13

Those were my two cousins that went through!!! It happened last Sat. morning around 6 o'clock. They were following each other and couldnt see cause of the blowing snow and drove where they didnt want to go.

Their dog died in the truck. They both got up on the ice and screamed for help and a guy close by heard them!

Stupid and I fell bad for their dog and their parents that had to morgage the house to get the trucks out!!

bassNspear

wow thats a tough story. Hopefully everyone will be ok. R.I.P Doggy

Sartell Angler

that is too bad. Given the circumstances (white out) I can definitely understand how one could get turned around and end up where you wouldn't want to be. sorry to hear about the dog / financial issues.

glenn57

thanks for the replys guys.still would like to know what long lake.where.sorry to hear what happened.

eyewarrior

Long Lake 5mi north of Willmar

LODFFB

Yeah thats why I bought a GPS. Shows your Trac where youve gone. I was talking about that incident with the wife and said thats why I bought a GPS, she didnt quite understand she thought it would tell you where the open water is?? confused.gif Tried to explain but Its just an Expensive TOY grin.gif

hawkeye43

No toy is expensive if can save your life, you can never tell when that might be that you need it. so you just use it all the time.

Danube D

Losing a dog can be like losing a child for some. Sorry to hear about things like that.

Hey Hawkeye what are u doing in this neck of the woods? Looking at the arctic weather forecast, shouldn't you be heading north?? grin.gif

glenn57

eyewarroir, thanks for the info.

hawkeye43

You got room???? wink.gif I am heading up to do some trout fishing this weekend. Should be a good time. It could be a little on the cool side. I forgot you are hiding up in that part of the world. later ken