• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any luck by The Red Door

Trytti

We will be fishing out of The Red Door this weekend. Just curious if anyone had any luck on the north end for eyes and perch. I am guessing go 30'+ during the day and on top of the flats at night? How are the roads out to the flats from the Red Door?

Thanks!

I will be there Wed and Thurs renting one of their sleepers. Will let you know when I get home.

I am anxious to hear if anyone fished this weekend.

frown.gif

i hope you have better luck then we have had, were moving out to the flats this weekend. But from what we have heard not much is biting. So i hope you have better luck then us.

Thanks, I'll be patiently awaiting the report!

Hopefully with full moon coming the bite will pick up.

Quote:

I will be there Wed and Thurs renting one of their sleepers. Will let you know when I get home.

I am anxious to hear if anyone fished this weekend.

Might be to late for ya but some friends of mine are out of the red door and fished from last wed - sun and did not have much luck. There house is not quite where they want it and they did not scout around in the portables. They are on the first break and for all I know a few perch and that's it.

Good luck and post the report when you get back.

Thanks for the report. It sounds likewhat I am afraid of. I am gonna see if they will move my shack out to the flats so we have a few more options. It is gonna be awfully cold to try to fish out of the portable.

Not sure what super cold and a full moon will do to the bite.

Just got back from Red Door. Fishing was Slow. We got there yesterday about 3 pm and fished til about 9am this morning and caught 1 perch. Saw a few perch on the Aqua View and two pout. Saw no walleyes. Talked to two gentlemen in a private house next to ours and they say up until a few days ago they would catch one or two walleye a night and a handful of perch. Last night they caught 3 perch, one keeper.

The positive is the house was nice and clean and the people very nice. They were honest on our way out.

As always it was fun to get away with friends for a night.

Thanks for the info. Were you on the first break or out on the flats? I had them move my shack out to the mud today but it doesn't sound like there is a whole lot of difference either way.

Hey Trytii. What flat did ya move to? I have a perm at Red Door also. I fished out of my portable Wed. on the Fletcher. Saw several Walleyes, but couldnt get'em to bite. Caught a few jumbos though. I talked to a guy in a wheel house. He told me the bites been better at night for walleyes. I havn't been able to try it yet.

Not sure where they were going to move me too. I told them move it to mud off of the flats. I am kind of a rookie so I kind of left it up to them... Thanks for the info, I'll give you the report when I get back. Just leaving for the weekend now.

Sorry I didn't see the post earlier. Good luck anyway.

The house we were in was about 100 yards or so past the first break. Straight out across the bridge take a right maybe a half mile west of resort. It was a mud bottom there about 27' of water.

The put us out by "Resort Flat" It was about 4 miles out. Pretty slow weekend. I got one really nice, fat 26.5 Incher and 3 jumbos and that was about it. We were in 28 Ft Mud. saw a few more perch and one eye on the camera but after about 1pm Sat we didn't see hardly a thing. At least the shack stayed warm!

Hey Trytii thanks for the report. Did ya try night fishing at all? Just curious. Im going to try and make it over there this week. I'll let ya know how I did.

We were out Friday and Sat nights. Not a thing at night other than my brother broke off on one due to bad line. At night seemed like we were reading a lot of either baitfish or plankton or something on the Vexi. Saw a few fish on the Vexi friday night but couldn't get them to bite.

Hey Trytii. I was on the Resort Flat yesterday from about 11AM till 6PM. Had the camera down. Saw 10 walleyes and tons of small perch. Couldn't get the walleyes to commit though. Im sure things will turn on once this arctic weather leaves. I'll let ya know when I get back out. See Ya.

Was up there from Friday at noon til Sunday noon and it was extremely slow. Caught one 16" walleye, two jumbo perch, and two eelpout the entire weekend between nine guys. The rental we were in was off of the south tip of Fletcher in 32 fow.

Thanks for the report fish eyes. I am heading back up on Friday and the weather report looks pretty good so hopefully the fish cooperate. Some buddies of mine used my shack on Thurs. and had some perch, a 26" Eye and a 21" eelpout.

I'll post a report when I get back.

Well I wish I had a better report. We had 2 eater walleyes, 5 jumbos, 3 eelpout and 3 tullibees. Saw some walleyes on the vexi but didn't want to bite. Had one break off on a rattle reel this morning. Most all of our fish were in 28-30ft off the flat a little bit. Fished all over the flat in 20-22 ft of water and all we got was one 16" eye.

went out of barnicles today and slow slow one 12 1/2" perch so how are things in winona, i moved to hinckley 2 years ago from winona. my father still works down there at RTP

We're heading there Saturday-Sunday. Do you know if they move their homes this late in the game? I'm hoping we have better luck than what I'm reading now - as everyone does!!!!

Where do they have the shacks set-up ? are they on the sand/rocks ? or do they have them out to the flats ? depth ? I rented the 16 hole deluxe house for a little beer drinking/ card playing, I am heading up there Friday for the night. We will fish the mud in the morning, then I suppose around noon when we get to the shack, and it will be about getting the drink on grin.gif

Winona is Winona, not a whole lot has changes. Lots of bars, fishing and hunting. Kind of the perfect place, at least for me! grin.gif

I doubt they are moving houses. They want to start moving houses off this week. I have some friends up at mine right now and when they are done on Wednesday they are moving mine off because I can't make it this weekend.

Most of their houses looked to be on the flats. But some were still on the first break. I'd guess with the warmer weather this week you might do OK this weekend.