• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bigyooper

Thanks Jon and Kelly (PIKE CAUGHT!)

bigyooper

This was my first time up to URL, we got in late on Friday after limiting out on perch at Cass. We just missed the bite on Friday but still ended up with 13 crappies, one nice pike (had to go back) and a bunch of Walleyes (kept 4)

Johnny, with my job I have to travel around and stay at lodges and resorts all year. You were probally the best host I have had. I was worried about the houses and my wife not approving, she loved it, she can't wait to come back next year. Let me know when you need those bino's maybe we can work out a trade:)

Thanks again!!

kelly-p

Jon and Patsy fished that house last night deciding if we should move it or not. They would get a little spurt of action that would stop just as fast?????? They lowered the camera and think they found out the problem. A big 40-45 inch northern has taken up residence under the house. When he would leave the crappies and walleyes would be back. As soon as the northern came back the other fish would scatter. It wouldn't bite anything until Jon got it to take a swipe at a big airplane jig. He gave the rod to Patsy and she had it on for about 10 minutes until it straightened the hook. When they left it was suspended under the house again. Patsy's having an italian moment and going back there today on a mission. mad.gif

bigyooper

I sure hope that you post a picture of that thing when you get it, we pulled the 35" pike out already, lets see the bigger one.

what is the big timber with the eyebolts in it below the house?

Random guy

Most likely an old fishouse skid that somebody lost, broke off or remains of burnt shack.

LABS4ME

Maybe the original Labshack skids! grin.gif We started leaving a parts trail on the lake 5 minutes into it's inaugural day! Wait we didn't use eye bolts... just chrome tow hooks!!! crazy.gif

We musta done something right though... Kelly's steel skids and our less than stellar carpentry skills have held it together so far! I think it may last long enough to put another layer of carpet in her!!!

Good Luck!

Ken

sidecar pan fishin man

Quote:

Jon and Patsy fished that house last night deciding if we should move it or not. They would get a little spurt of action that would stop just as fast?????? They lowered the camera and think they found out the problem. A big 40-45 inch northern has taken up residence under the house. When he would leave the crappies and walleyes would be back. As soon as the northern came back the other fish would scatter. It wouldn't bite anything until Jon got it to take a swipe at a big airplane jig. He gave the rod to Patsy and she had it on for about 10 minutes until it straightened the hook. When they left it was suspended under the house again. Patsy's having an italian moment and going back there today on a mission.
mad.gif

That'll teach them big notherns too piss off an italian lady with a tough stick!!!!!!!!!!

Random guy

We do not allow the Troy Pike rods in that house, this pike has become a rod stealing legend, I'm going to have to take care of this isssue soon.

Although it does chase away all of Fosters seals.

Random guy

The pike strikes again. Patsy warned the group about the big pike in the area and they lost the same rod...twice.

Pike got it and tangled with another rod so they retrived it re-tied it and another cruiser came by and snatched it again rod holder and all. When I stopped in they had all the rods anchored with tables, stoves and even had the reels wedged against the wall and the chair, next I am going to have to retrive a chair from the bottom. confused.gif

I'm thinking a four-wheeler winch and a #10 King Kahle hook, as soon as she hits floor it! grin.gif

wild bill

I echo the thanks to Jon, Kelly & Patsy. We fished the house just south of this house. We lost 2 poles and 4 rod holders. Retrieved all but one pole. 4 guys, limited on walleyes and 1/2 limit on slabs. We threw so many large eyes back that we lost count. Jon, Kelly & Patsy are excellent hosts. Thanks again

The Boys from Illinois

mrmanners

I think I will have to bring Pike fishing rod that has muskie line on it with a muskie bobber to take this monster down next weekend.

fisherman27

Thanks guys again for a wonderful trip to URL. We all had a blast!

Random guy

Quote:

I think I will have to bring Pike fishing rod that has muskie line on it with a muskie bobber to take this monster down next weekend.

The job was done by a pro. You guessed it a 5 year old boy and his 11 year old brother landed the infamous rod robber on 4lb test and a crappie jig. These two did a top notch job playing the fish and a little help from dad Brad Renville with the grab and it was all done but the picture.

Riese Renville (in red w/ boots) the youngest of the group set the hook and fought a fish longer then he is tall until his arms grew too tired and he handed the rod of to his brother Chase Renville(in gray). Chase and Riese did all the right things as Tyler Johnson (orange cap) reeled up other lines and cleared the battle ground for the other two Musketeers, a true team effort.

The fish came in at a SOLID 40" with a fat ol belly. I have to hand it to the boys, they are true stewards of the resource and released the fish to fight another day...I just hope it finds a new home. laugh.gif

Good job guys!

outdoors17cy2.jpg

hanson

What a great picture! Congrats guys!

brady_d

That's a nice fish. My brother caught a 38''er a few weeks ago up there. He had 6lb test and fought the thing for a good 40 mins. The funny part is that he fought the thing for the first 5 minutes with his pants down as he was taking a (Contact Us Please) when it bit. He then decided to pull his pants up and fight the fish for the next 35 minutes without wiping his (Contact Us Please)! grin.gif

Chiefer

Hey Jon.....just wanted to thank you for all your help!!!! The boys and I had a blast fishing. I'm sure this is one fishing trip they will never forget. The big Pike was the icing on the cake for them......speaking of which......has she returned for some more ice rods down the hole or has she moved her activities elsewere???? Once again Jon, you are a top notch guy and thanks again for the great trip.......the boys and I WILL be back again!!!!! laugh.gif Take care Brad Renville

Random guy

You guys were a blast. When Chase ran over to get me I thought someone was having a heart-attack or was on fire, he was pumped shocked.giflaugh.gif