• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

JustinG

Well, I just got back from Red. Went out from Rogers' at about 8am and set up in 11 FOW along a pressure ridge far away from anyone. My father-in-law missed a fish right off the bat and I iced one about 18". Then nothing for 2 hours. We made a move in to about 8 FOW at around 11:30 am and prceeded to catch a Walleye about every 25-30 minutes. There were no schools-they were single fish. We ended up catching around 15 Eyes by the time we left at 5 pm. All the fish were NICE, around 17-20"-we just barely made our limit because of the slot. All-in-all, it was a long drive for a few fish, but they were good ones-I think the cold front on Saturday had alot to do with fishing. You should have seen the hurricane force winds out there!!

Justin

jslytlemn

Justin -- Glad to hear you were in to some walleyes on the Upper Red. Your 11:30 AM move to eight FOW is not very deep, I would have never figured you'd be catching walleyes at that depth. However I've never fished the Red in my life, so what do I know?? smile.gif Sounds like you had a good time, and survived the winds! Good to see your report. --Jeff

Deep_Sinker

Justin-

Hey, thanks for the report! I am planning on heading to Red this weekend, but I am curious about the snow on the lake. Is there any snow on the lake? Enough to run snowmobiles on without worries or is it all glare ice?

tcumd

i was out on url this last weekend also out of west wind. 11.5 fow, lots of eyes, fews crappies and one big pike. the lake is almost all glare ice, didnt see one snowmobile the whole weekend...p.s bring your auger extention. Cameron

Deep_Sinker

Thanks for the update Cameron... Sounds like I will just stick to driving the truck which will be much more comfortable with the below zero temps coming!

JustinG

Even with the new snow up there, the ice is still mostly glare. There is PLENTY of ice for driving anywhere you want to go in a truck. I would say if you are heading up there for Walleyes stay shallow- That is where we caught the majority of the fish and we did not stay for the prime time evening bite as we had to be back to Bemidji. If you are targeting Crappies (which seem to be few and far between) head out to 12-13 FOW along a pressure ridge and set up next to that. The key is to be 1/4 mile away from anybody. I did not need an extension where I was fishing, but it may not be a bad idea after this cold week.

Hope this helps,

Justin