• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Birch Lake

FishinHeloPilot

I dont have a 4-wheeler to get around on Big Birch, anyone know if the driving is safe past Hunters Bay and if there's anywhere past Hunters Bay where the walleye are still biting?

I have been seeing people driving around all over out there.

Not sure about the walleye bite though. It has been pretty hit and miss lately.

Jamie

Anyone been out to Big Birch lately? Might head out this week sometime anything goin on there? Thanks guys

was out there on friday and marked a lot of fish but no biters and the same on saturday

mp, I noticed you are from Burtrum, Have you ever tried Buck Lake for crappie in the winter time? I have caught them in the spring but have never tried in the winter.

Thanks,

A vehicle went through the ice on Big Birch on Friday near the narrows. Do not attempt to drive from one end of the lake to the other. The narrows is NEVER safe. I believe some young people went through in the same area last year. Bill

Man, people are just.... Of course the narrows aren't safe. I am suprised to hear nothing about Big swan, and someone going through out there. Seems like someone goes through there. The DNR should put some signs out near annual thin ice areas, to protect people from themselves. (I know people should take the time to investigate where they are driving, or ask someone, but that'll never happen) confused.gif

Donk: I agree with you on Big Swan. Even with the cold the past few weeks that north end is always a problem. So far so good though as far as anyone dropping in. A couple of fish aren't worth the risk.

Bill

It was a teenager in a Jeep cherokee. The kid attends the school my wife works at. He said his Jeep is now an ice cube tray.