• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Resorts that have roads out on lakes?

We have never been to the area, but would like to go up to Ottertail, or some of the other lakes around there, but are unsure of how to get on other than a public access. Anyone know of safe roads onto the ice? We are looking for crappies, eyes, perch, or sunnies. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Not that I know.There is basicly no snow so that won't be a problem I would just talk to a bait store for Ice conditions, Ben's bait is a good one in Battle lake Or just watch were other people are going back an forth on the lakes If you are looking for OT go by a map and you will see the the access on the map and from what I know of there is only one public access you can't use because of the river and ever time I have been by there is open water.just watch were other people are going.

You said there was almost no snow on Ottertail.So do that mean nobody is using their sleds on the lake to get to and from their houses? I'm just wondering how hard that would be on the machines if people were? The reason I'm asking is that most people I know can't afford both 4 wheelers and snowmobiles.

There is some snow on the lakes, it's drifted up with the high winds we've had lately. I'd say sleds can definitely be used, but there is still a lot of bare ice. So, take it for what it's worth.

Supposed to get some more snow in the forecast, 1-2", but it's going to blow around again.

Thanks for the 411. I'm planning to be up there this weekend. I'll be going out between Pleasure park and the public access.