• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
GregeMoose

Above the Dam, Taylors Falls

GregeMoose

Has anyone esle fished it this year (or ever). I ventured out from the TF Loins Park launch in about 27 ft and got skunked. The ice was a solid 10-12inches (where I was). I didn't wander around to much though. Anyone esle? I never really see any one esle out, up that way.

john.wells

I've fished it in the past without success. I still want to give another go, though. Maybe when the weather warms up just a little bit in a couple of weeks. If I plan on going, I'll fire a post off in advance.

GregeMoose

While I was out there I had a park ranger walk out to see if I was catching anything. He said he'd fished up closer to the dam (to the right facing the dam) there is a retaining wall that has produced crappies in the past. I'd be worried about ice conditions myself. Let me know if you get out there.

Moose

john.wells

Did you happen to catch the ranger's name? There was a guy named Rod out there on patrol several years ago- heck of a nice guy. That area above the dam is where I have gone in the past. The ice is pretty good in that bay, but I wouldn't go it alone, at least without the standard first ice survival stuff. I would think that bay should produce fish of many species.

GregeMoose

I beleive his first name was Rod. Extremly nice, very willing to share his knowledge of the river. I have noticed that, that bay froze up way before the main river, so the ice should be good with all the cold weather. Must be a place to get on the bay right off the road there I bet. He mentioned some sort of structure such as a old log anchering post? Thanks for the response's.

Moose,

john.wells

If he is indeed the same ranger that I used to know, he is chock full of information and an avid fisherman as well. I have even fished with him during his off duty times. There is a bunch of structure in that little bay, mostly dead heads left over from the logging era and from floods. He told me that there are cribs in there as well. I'm starting to get a major itch to get back out there grin.gif

GregeMoose

John,

Maybe I'll see ya out there some day, I have a green Otter portable & black ford F150.

Thanks again, Greg (Moose)