• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Zipple Bay Report

Group of 12 of us are headed up to Zipple, staying in Zipple bay resorts sleepers. Wondering about current reports for the area....Thanks

I just now talked to Nick at Zipple and from what he said

you have made a good decision. The late in the day bite and

the early morning bite have been outstanding most days and

that is where the sleepers are. After the morning bite, you

move to a deeper house and get Saugers and then you move

back shallow for the evening bite and your comfy sleeper

Your trip will be a good one

I was up at Zipple last weekend Friday and Sat with 9 guys and we had limited success. We kept 16 eye/sauger combo on Friday, and 15 combo on Sat. We caught lots of small fish under 11 inches, but they kept us busy. We tried the portable Friday early am in 13 ft of water, and only marked lots of fish with no action. Moved out the the house and started catching them at 10am. Bite was on and off all day with a good bite at 5-5:30 on Friday. Talked to Nick when we got in and he said that the house we were fishing next to did well in the am. I guess we almost had them! grin.gif

Sat the bite was slower with the biggest fish for the weekend being a 18 inch eye caught by ME! laugh.gif

I got the trophy back, and the big fish pot! grin.gif

Once the weather changed the fish shut off last weekend. We had the best bite when it was cloudy and a light snow. The best lure was a pink Northland Buckshot with a dropper hook. By the end of the first day almost everybody had one on. Glow red, plain hook and a pink jig head were also productive. We used river shinners, and fat heads. Bait did not matter.

Good luck and keep us posted how you do!

We just got back yesterday. Lets just say, we ran out of beer cause we drank so much, NOTHING else to do. The guys were going around checking how their tenants were and they told us no one was catching anything. We were busy with small ones, mostly saugers, but they also told us there were a few houses that caught nothing. VERY COLD

Well it sounds like a hit and miss report. I hope your right curt, im excited to get up there in the sub zero temperatures and give it a try. Thanks for the reports guys, Ill post how we do..

Sounds like a skunk job to me.. all your going to catch norman is some bottle bass!! shocked.gif

jeez norm whats with the negativity...you know dolens gona be the only one thats skunked! grin.gif see ya this weekend, gimme a call when uron ur way up

My father was up in the private house in 28FOW and caught 20 fish in 6 days. In a two day run only one fish was caught, the day the cold came through. Third trip made up to the house so far this year with fewer fish than normal but larger fish than normal. Tried a few evenings in shallow water with no luck.

Stayed in zipple Resorts sleepers this past friday through sunday, we rented out 2 of the 6 man sleepers, The house I was in caught about 35, All saugers, except about 4 eyes, other house caught 10 also mostly saugers, and 1 pout. Biggest fish 15 inches, majority of the fish in that 10 in range. Didnt get a chance to move around at all, it was just too cold. We were set up in 32 FOW. Little dissapointed with the size of the fish, but it was a good time regaurdless...norm

How's the bite been at Zipple lately? We have a group headed up this Friday/Saturday.

I am pumped because the warmest it has ever been when I come up there is 25 below! Looks like we should almost see 0! cool.gif

3 of us limited out Sat. 2/10 in 27 FOW. Bigger fish than usual. Hot baits include gold, chartreuse, pink hooks (setline or rattle reel); buckshots (jigging); demon/frostees (setline or deadstick); angel eyes (rattle reel). shiners over chubs. They were biting light on sunday.

Big Cleo,

Don't worry your guide will not disappoint! With the weather warming up and a fairly consistant weather pattern fishing should be better than it has been. If not, bring plenty of Wisconsin's best and I am sure it will be fine! It should be a fun time!

Thanks for the info doggfish! Wobbler, I wasn't going to put any pressure on you since the last time we were up there it was 30 below and we didn't see a fish on the vex until 10:30! If we had some of Wisconsin's best that time, I am not so sure I would have seen much more than the backside of my eyelids by 10:30! We'll have to stop on the way up. Does anyone sell at 4:30 in the morning?!

I will have plenty of the Barley pop so don't worry! It will be a good thing we are spending the night! Your goal other than catching fish is to fill your window with empties. That is usually about a 12 pack! For sure we will be catching a limit one way or another!

Hope so too otherwise Big Cleo is doing all the work! The only thing I can say is there is nothing like feeling you been hit in the groin all day long for 3 days straight!

Nothing like hauling them into the clinic in a dixie cup and hauling them out in a wheel barrow.

Yep the best advice I heard was that you told me Lip Ripper don't cut the hole to early for her Valentine's Day Present! Before the snip, my present could have fit in a ring box. Now it might barely fit in a case of beer if you know what I mean. I actually feel bad now for the prank calls I used to make to the bowling alley growing up and asking them, "Do you have 16 pound balls?" they would respond saying "Yes" I would come back and say "How do you fit them in your Pants" and hang up. It was funny then but now I know the feeling!

Group of 5 of us have a cabin rented for saturday night through Zippel. Hopefully the fish are still biting. I havent fished out there for a month, but over christmas break the bite was really consistent with lots of nice fish, bigger than past years. We have a permanent house set at 25.5 feet of water. I'm wondering if it would be worth while still to bring my portable and set that up in shallow for the early morning and evening bite?? any suggestions would be great...

Big Cleo is fishing with me in 25.5 feet of water like yourself in my fish house. My permanent is set and we will be doing what you suggest possibly having portables and either going shallow or deep depending on what kind of action we have the first day. From the sounds of it you are set up right next to where we are fishing! I told Big Cleo the same thing you suggested this morning about bringing portables. It is a good idea to have another option if the fishing stinks out where you are at!

Have you been out lately Wobbler? I guess i haven't heard much of a report for the area in a while.

No not lately but my fishing partners have and have been doing ok where we have been fishing the last 5 weeks or so. We will be out Friday morning through Saturday afternoon trying to hook a few. The 3 of them caught 30 or so yesterday where my house is at before 2pm when they left. You will not hear many reports from Zippel. Fishing this time of year is better out on more structure and that is where most go. Although, no reports have always indicated to me there must be something going on!

verbs, its nice to see that you are finally going to get fishing again. i thought that you would have made the voyage up here a few more times after i showed you how to catch fish over the holidays. grin.gif! anyway how did the trip turn out?

Janzen...good to see a message from you. I'm coming up this weekend. Jake and i are leaving here thursday night and plan on fishing friday through sunday. We should meet up and try snag a few on friday! give me a call or something this week...I'd like to hear your report for the big lake.

well i dont know if i can help you with a report from that area of the lake, but from where i was last weekend i would have to say it should be good. i caught a nice limit last saturday in a few hours up where we fished all of last summer! i think you know where i mean wink.gif. all i can say is independence day! my other spot closer to home is still producing, may have to hit that friday in the a.m. i would say that could possibly be a quick limit. but anyway give me a call tonight.