• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Roughneck17SC

Hillman Pass and Fishing Report

Roughneck17SC

Went out of Hillmans this week in the dark, before crossing the heave one of the resort trucks stopped and asked if I had a road pass. he said he had just tracked someone down that didn't pay. I had and pressed on to hopefully find some fish. While fishing over the weekend, we discussed being stopped and the people that try to not pay for road access. What in the heck is wrong for these people??? confused.gif Road upkeep alone is worth the price of admission. Sure this year it isn't an issue but years prior were interesting to say the least. I am just floored buy these individuals that feel the rules don't apply. I would like to say that these individuals are the ones that need the help on the lake and the resorts have no problem helping none the less. I just don't get it!!!! AAAHHH

Anyway, fishing was darn good. 2 houses with 5 guys produced around 25 crappies and 5 keeper walleyes.

Friday night bite was real good, Saturday hit a brick wall, Sunday morning was as good as Friday night.

Was out of Hillmans but I didn't hit the trip button on my vechile so, I know where my house is but don't know how far out. It is over the heave and out I would say 2 some miles.

kelly-p

You would be amazed how many don't pay unless they have too. Just a drop box without a person collecting and maybe, just maybe 60% will pay. You end up with a box full of green paper, matchbooks, garbage and obscene notes telling you what you can do to yourself. Not always bad though because every few days someone will steal the whole box. frown.gif

Right now it is sad to the point of almost being comical watching people come into Hillman's to get some bait and ask where the best bite is on Hillman's road. Then they drive back to Agassiz and pretend to put money into his car trunk, drive out on the lake and then cross country back over to Hillman's road. A $40,000 truck pulling a $20,000 house burning up $15 of gas to avoid paying an $8 road fee. grin.gif

Remember no can ever charge you on the lake. It's all public. The only place you can be charged in crossing private land.

Mike L

Probably the same folks that cheat on the slot and their possession.

crappeyeslayer

Probably the same guys that we all clean up after also!

zachp

I was up a couple weeks ago and arrived at about 2 a.m.(one of those things when you're sittin on a little lake catching nothing and decide to make the long haul to the big lake to redeem yourself) anyway when we got up the next morning we fished for a while and then went in to hillmans for more/fresh bait and bought a road pass, i'm glad we did too cuz shorty gave us some advice and we found some fish.

cookie129

Yes Jeff did real well this weekend 3 days well over 200 trucks and total in his trunk 300 dollars. Plus a bunch of matches paper etc.

minimite

good to hear, does he have any plans on what he's gonna do, rebuild or anything like that? p.s. 23 days and counting - you better leave some crappies in the lake for me so you can watch me lose em' at the hole grin.gifgrin.gif

deerwoody

Didnt you take notes from your kids minimite? grin.gif

minimite

yeah i shoulda brought a video camera though, short term memory loss is a problem for me grin.gif

cookie129

Jeff got taken deep this weekend do the math 200 trucks 300 dollars ? pretty sad He should of had over 1500.He can not sit there to collect road fees as it makes him sick to his stomach to sit there.

Paul Waldowski

Seems to me that it would then make a lot of sense to hire someone to sit there and collect road fees. It would certainly pay for itself.

traviskoster

cookie you comeing to funkley on wesday to shoot pool, hey till steve i will be calling him shortly my houses are needed desprept measures, yeah desprite, they need to be moved:< hope steve still will help

Gofishleech

Quote:

Seems to me that it would then make a lot of sense to hire someone to sit there and collect road fees. It would certainly pay for itself.

My thoughts as-well, if the number of trucks is correct he could pay some one hansomely and be ahead.

deerwoody

Did they teach math where we went to school mini?

cookie129

Not many people up here that want a job?I did just think of someone that may do it?

cookie129

Travis I thought we were playing in turtle river?But I willmention it to steve

traviskoster

well that doesnt mean you cant stop and have a beer or five on me, hey how has pool been going i have been there the last to weeks of course been on the lake oh and by the way that night we shot aginst you thanks for the advise it was great

minimite

nope i'm a d$%ba$$ frown.gif haven't seen any news on here lately on how jeff's been doin and took for granted any news would hopefully be good news. check another brainfart on my part confused.gif

deerwoody
grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

crazyalbert

How do you know what was in his pay box kelly you didn't by any chance put any of that stuff in there did you ???? shocked.gif

kelly-p

You forget that I used to run ice fishing roads. I know what gets put in payboxs, it's not always pretty. frown.gif

traviskoster

i heard once that up at bablers on low the guy found a tompon and a condom just what i want all over my money