• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
W Man

Cold Weather Bite

W Man

A few of us will be heading up this next weekend (2/2-2/4), and we were wondering how the bite was during the cold of this past Sat. and Sun., and where the hot action was? Also what are the conditions of the roads (bridges or how many ridges to cross?)? Looks like we'll be in for a mighty cold weekend, next week. Any help is much appreciated.

eyepatrol

You can read my post titled "River Bend Report: 1/26 - 1/27" just a couple lines down. I put info in there on what worked best for us when the cold front blew through Friday night.

Good luck!

warrior

We really didn't catch much to speak of over our 3 day visit ended up with 15 small fish in our time on the lake!

leftywagner

We just got back yesterday from LOW, fished out of Zipple Bay. We were up there from Thursday to Sunday. Did pretty bad, very disappointed. I went up hoping to get into some hogs, got a bunch of small ones. Very [email protected]!!! My buddy and I heard the shallow bite was good, we took our portables out in the -40 degree weather, WOW, caught 3 small ones in 2 hours of freezing cold. The wind laughed at our heaters. If you go out look into where they are. However, we drank a bunch of beer while getting no bites!!! Still recovering

mjrfishing

What has worked for me in the past is when it is mid-winter and the weather is just bitterly cold to move out into deeper water (26-30fow,and if you aren't marking any fish don't hesitate to move deeper), and move in to about (19-20fow) in the afternoon. But this all depends on what part of the lake you are fishing on, and the structure of the area. Good luck Finding the Fish!!

fiskyknut

mjr did you fish over the weekend?

mjrfishing

Nope, fished the weekend before by south tip, but had some buddies that went out in the cold and picked up some nice fish sat. and sun. around in that same area

buckpredator

Well I'm not sure if Warrior is a guy from my group, but we had about the same luck on our 3 day weekend trip. The beer was still good though.

warrior

BuckPredator I dont know you, but would like to make you accuaintence.I want to know all Jordanites! I have a place up at Ballards that I frequent year round. Look me up I'm in the JI every week in the professional directory under the name Guardian RES