• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Coyote hunting tip

Cooter

Don't know why this never dawned on me but yesterday while hunting with hounds we shot a nice sized male with a rubbed hide. So rather than tossing him my bud was gonna freeze it and us it for a calling decoy. Just an idea to try.

anybody have a cheap way to mock up a decoy using a hide? i would like to try this, but am unsure what to use for a form...are taxidermy forms the way to go? how much do they cost?

carpshooter - good question, I've been considering the same thing for a deer decoy.

Carpshooter, you can find the taxidermy forms on the Van Dykes Taxidermy website, with the prices.

A buddy of mine has used a stuffed animal that looks like a husky, with pretty good success.