• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
slotlimit

Honest truth for Sat Eve and Sun Morning

slotlimit

I and a few friends were staying out of Garrison Sports this weekend. His houses are on Myr Mar. We only caught one walleye in 3 days. Tons of 3inch perch on the camera all over. Friday we fished all over the lake in portables and only one walleye and a perch. Saturday evening we headed over to Kraus flat. we fished some little hump on the east side. we fished the west side of that hump. It didn't have a name on my map. there was only one house within a 100 yards of us and the next closes houses were at least a mile. The fishing only lasted for about a half hour in each the moring and evening. Here's what we caught. 2 12" eyes, 6 keepers 15-19", one 23", one 24" and one 27". One of the portables was fishing the very northern tip and caught nothing. They were about 200 yards away. When we talked to others Sunday morning no one did as well as we did. But I guess to venture out in that weather we deserved it.

binsfeldnick

How far to the east was this hump? The only hump that I can find on my GPS is about a quarter mile away. Will be heading up wednesday morning and was njust wondering what the hot bait was. Any info would be appreciated.

slotlimit

We were fishing on the west side of Mry Mar. The spot I'm talking about is a flat about 1/4 to 1/2 mile long. It was exactly 1.77 miles from the fishouse we were staying in straight east. I threw the whole tackle box at them for jigging. Caught 90% of the fish on a plain red hook and bobber. Hope that helps. We were also fishing on the west side of that flat. It comes up to 26' on the gps map but I found 24'. We were fishing the top right next to the drop in 26' of water. Hope that helps

binsfeldnick

Thanks alot, I think I figured it out now. Will be out there on wednesday morning brite and early freezing my you know what off. Anyone happen to know what time Garrison Sports opens up?

slotlimit

Let me know how it goes.

BendnSend

When i was leaving the lake early sunday morning I saw Kari and the crew inside there at 6:30 am

binsfeldnick

Thanks for the time bendandsend. Also, thank you slotlimit for the info. I'll put up a report on thursday evening.

slotlimit

Looking forward to hearing the report. I hope you do as well as we did. By the way we fished the NW side of the structure. Some buddies were on the NW tip and caught nothing. I would suggest just south of the NW tip say 100-200 yards on the top edge of the structure.

Hopper

Nice job Slotlimit! Im heading out there Saturday around noon and staying on the lake until Sunday morning 9-10am. We plan to head out of Garrison Sports, but it might change.

We are planning on fishing perch in the afternoon, but will settle in on top of a flat before dark. It will depepnd on what we see for action.

We usually get some walters on rattle reels with red hooks during the night. Did you use shinners or Fat heads???

Hopper

slotlimit

We used both but shinners were definately better. Good luck!

binsfeldnick

Well slot limit I tried out that spot you told me about with minimal success. Got out there at 7:00 wednesday morning and got a 18" and a 16" right away. It was all downhill after that. Fished there all day and caught 3 big fat jumbos in 31' and also one 10" walleye. In the evening I moved back to the shallow and got 1 more little walleye. Thursday morning I headed back out there and got three walleyes between 11 and 13 inches, all of which were released. I don't keep them unless they are at least 15". Also got one more big jumbo. Wish I could find more of them the biggest was 13". During the day I headed out to some other spots to try and find some perch and had no luck. Returned back to the spot at 3:30 and got one more small walleye. Thanks for the info. It wasn't the greatest fishing but at least I got a few for the frying pan. Could've had something to do with this cold weather moving in. I caught all but one of the fish, a jumbo, on a silver 1/8 oz buckshot. Thanks again. I am heading back up on wednesday for the fmers event at Appeldoorns and will let you know if we find a hot spot on that end of the lake. Thanks again.

Flick

haha plan on a bunch of other people out there after you post stuff like that!

binsfeldnick

I don't mind sharing some info if its gonna help some others get a few fish. It's not like it was a hotspot. I spent two full dats out there in my portable and got 2 walleyes and 4 perch.

slotlimit

Just trying to help. Sorry you didn't have as good as luck as we did. You should e-mail me the coordinates and I'll tell you if it was the same spot i was on if it wasn't I'll send you the coordinates. johns2_1 At yahoo (Contact Us Please). It does sound like you caught a couple. I'm sure the weather has something to do with it.

slotlimit

Flick, Go ahead and give it a try. I'm not from there I could care less if everyone and anyone fished that spot. I just gave some facts about my days on the lake. I understand locals wanting to keep there hot spots a secret but why everyone else thinks it's such a big secret is beyond me.