• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Badger_55

Headin up feb2 -4

Badger_55

Me and a few buddies are headin up there this coming friday through sunday. We are heading out of hillmans and have a sleeper from people that I have heard good things about. Just wondering if those walleyes are still biting early in that 8-10' range or did the bite pick up out in 13' with the crappies. I always love using my minnow with a red phelps, and either an eye dropper or small pimple on my jigging pole, what else would you guys recommend having in a guys tackle box?

Wookiee

1/8 glo red rattling varmints; size 6 glow pink ratsos and shrimpos, glo red buckshot rattle spoons and forage minnow spoons 1/8 oz., plain size 6 or 4 red or glo red hooks, size 4 or 6 glo red or pink and white glo demons. The glo devils work good too. Don't be afraid to use glo blue, glo, or glow green ratsos and shrimpos too.

The Donk

We have a trip planned for this weekend too, going out of Agassiz road with another outfit. We will be bringing portables, of course, is the North side of the lake getting much pressure? As for tackle, I like to emphasize the glow demons, size 4. They put out a great glow, and good action. All the others previously posted are great too. Dont forget about phelps tick and tube jigs. laugh.gif

The Donk

On a side note, has anyone seen the long term forecast for this weekend? confused.gifshocked.gif Holy cow! -13 air and 22 mph winds? I gotta be flippin insane to be looking forward to this... At least thats what the wife says laugh.gif

minimite

a little straightup jack and it'll feel like a heat wave up there wink.gifcrazy.gif

Eric Wettschreck

Quote:

what else would you guys recommend having in a guys tackle box?

A GPS. I'm not kidding. If it's windy you may need it to get off the lake.

minimite

gps also comes in handy when you're comin back from hillman's late at night driving around in circles wondering where your shack is grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

crappeyeslayer

The weather does look brutal! crazy.gif Hope that the bite isnt affected too much!

deerwoody

I heard the weather in the bar will be nice!! grin.gif

minimite

i'd ask for a report when you get back, but i don't think the bite is too good indoors on land grin.gif oh yeah i think those cords i gave were for hillmans bar shocked.gif