• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Dweens

Fished Duck Lake Friday evening the 26th. Lots on small crappies. They are really small but fun to catch none the less. Would be a good spot to take kids for an action packed evening. Approximately 6" of ice.

engfish

I know Duck opened up earlier this winter, but so did Washington. How come we have 14" of ice in Mud Bay and only 6" on that smaller lake? Since there were only four houses on the lake this weekend, it looks like you were in the same area the bite went last winter.

Dweens

Yeah, I thought that was interesting also. Must have had something to do with the wind before the last cold snap.

BIG DS

Duck was 90% open and Mud Bay was never open. Bakers was open and now has 6" of ice.

engfish

Have you fished in Bakers Bay yet? There were a few in there this weekend, but we weren't quite ready to make the move.

bobdrm

I was on duck thu. 2/1/07 we had 9 1/2 inchs has any body found nice Crappies yet?

Dweens

Not yet! Everyone I've talked to that been out there is catching the small ones too.

bobdrm

Makeing ice now may go out today see what is going on and check the ice agin had 9 1/2 fri let you know whats up

bobdrm

Did not get out sunday went out monday night had 12 inchs got some crappies for supper had a good time today looks like cleaning snow of drive and cars and will see after that if I get out or not.

any truth to the 10-11inch crappies caught here from 4pm to 6pm?

bobdrm

the bit is at 6:00 the ones I have seen have been around 9 inchs not to say there not there you do get a nice one now and then still working on finding the biger ones yet.

Phill Aldahl

Just wondering how deep you are fishing and if people are driving out yet???

bobdrm

yes driveing out. fishing 15 to 20ft. fish from bottom to 10ft. of coming in at defrant depths.

Phill Aldahl

I have never fished this lake before but I talked to a guy on Washington yesterday that said he was going to head out there, b/c we both figured out that the gills and crappies were very negative yesterday. We stuck around for 3 more hours and fished off the north access and Westwood anywhere from 30'-8' of water search for the fish but never found a spot where they were holding and when you would find some once you got set up in your shack they were gone again. Anyways I think we might have to give Duck a shot.

bobdrm

Phill did you make it out and how did you do.

Phill Aldahl

Yeah we made it out Friday night from 4-7:30 or so, and didn't do very well. Fished 17' of water and caught them from the bottom to 7' down. Only problem they were few and far between and they were only 5". I don't know if I was doing something wrong or not in the right spot.

bobdrm

Phill I went out sunday night there is alot more people out there now the bite started out fast got 4 but than died off lost about 12 hafe way up or at the hole end up with 7 and the size did go from 5 to 9 for me to I will try agen in a day or two when the cars and trucks are not as much as the week end.

Phill Aldahl

Good to hear. I am sure the weekend traffic had a lot of to with it. I think with the warmer weather coming by the end of the week we should start getting into a better biting pattern. I haven't crossed duck of my list of places to try yet

bobdrm

Phill I am going out sat. night are you going out this week end and were.