• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just curious if anyone else has much experience hardwater fishing on Lost Lake. We headed out there this afternoon to give it a try. Tired of all the continual walleyes on Vermilion. We went out to the 20' cut between the island and the bald rock. Had lots of action but all small walleyes. Lots of perch on the camera but not to willing to bite. Was surprised that there were 2 permanent houses out there. Kinda nice not having to clean fish after an afternoon of fishing.

I have had decent luck on Lost during early ice.

No slot size fish, but many in the 1-1/2# to 2# range.

The 2 permanant houses belong to friends of mine. They fish Lost almost exclusively during the winter.

Nice lake to fish if you like to fish by yourself!

Cliff

Basically you just find the deep spot and set up or what? I have fished it tons in the summer.. tried it a few times and just never had good luck in the winter. I guess i really havent fished it enough in the winter to know much but dang there is some good action there in the summer..

I have had my best luck on the North shoreline.

Early and late in the day.

Shinner minnows under a bobber or tip-up.

12' to 16' there if I remember right.

Cliff

First step is to got to the DNR web site and pull a lake map from lakefinder. It will give you a real good idea of the structure that is there to work with. Which is not much. When we were there on Sunday, there were people in 4 different areas. It would be an easy lake to learn. You can easily find the different areas. Just look for the portable fish house marks. Have fun. good luck.

Hey Cliff,

Adam was looking at the last DNR survey for Lost Lake and said that there was a fair number of Crappie in there also. Have you even caught any there?

I thought that survey data looked good until I noticed when it was done. Check out the date on it. It is older than I am crazy.gif

I have never caught any crappies there but the old owner of the landing area showed me a couple of stringers of VERY nice crappies he caught there in the summer.

Cliff

I use the dnr lake finder quite a bit so i already have a decent understanding of the lake... i just got the new nav chip for the the whole midwest and lost lake is on there as well..

• 2 weeks later...

Good news on that note... I have a girlfriend now so I will have much much more time devoted to fishing.. and she has a cabin on vermillion.. what a solid deal!

Quote:

Good news on that note... I have a girlfriend now so I will have much much more time devoted to fishing.. and she has a cabin on vermillion.. what a solid deal!

Sure hope that she likes to fish!! grin.gif

Cliff