• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LOTW Shiners

Is there a problem, or is there going to be a problem getting shiners? I stopped at Log Cabin Bait last Wednesday and they were out, and didn't know if they were going to get any more. A couple of guys on the lake told me that nearly everybody was out, and future supplies didn't look good. Does anybody have any information on this?

Boss: Check two posts down "Spiny Fleas on LOTW". There is some info there. I'm gooing to email Steve at Log Cabin and see what he has to say. Bill

I got shiners at border bait on saturday 1/27 that is located just north a block or so from log cabin. They were very generous (2 scoops should last you all weekend). I highly reccomend you stop by.

It looks like we have a couple of different veins going

at the same time.

First, the Shiners run out before winter does most years.

It's not unusual for the bait store supplies to dry up.

Second, there seems to be a question as to the future of

trapping and using Shiners as bait. A new invasion on

LOW thru the Rainy River and Rainy Lake and on eastward

to the Great Lakes and Ocean Going Ships to Europe (?)

seems to come to a head right here.

There is more information to get but for now, any lack

of Shiners is a normal occurance.

Probably two options for you, either Adrians or Border bait. We have always gotten our shiners from Adrians, I cant remember them ever running out, and I know Kim at Border Bait was still seining shiners when we were up in Nov. At that point in time I think he said he had about 650 gallons on hand so I am guessing he is set for the ice season.