• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
broken line

Any Waconia luck?

broken line

A week on Pillsbury reef has produced nothing more than a few small crappies and perch...and even they were hard to come by. Anyone else finding better luck....clearly its time to move the house.

WallyGator12000

I was in the North bay from about 3-6:30 tonight...1 13" eye and one 12" crappie and plenty of small perch...we saw a VERY nice eye on the camera around 4 but it wasn't too interested...all in all a slow night...

Big Dave2

I moved my house sat. morning out to the deeper water near pillsbury. Nothing but millions of tiny perch and 1 small 10" walleye. 2 years ago we caught crappies like crazy out there.

doser

We fished on the east side of the lake Saturday night from 4-10:30PM. 3 small crappies and two perch. True meaning to slower than molasses in January. Didn't graph too many either or even see one on the camera while it was light out. confused.gif

iFishMN.us

Had a very tough bite saturday, alot of snif and swim away going on, managed to fool a few crappies but thats about it, nothing big. Fishing in 14-16fow.

Tried to get out sunday, gas auger broke on us and of course this time I didnt bring my hand auger as backup. I am giving up on the idea that fisherman are gererally nice people, because everytime this has happened to me, NOBODY will help a fellow fisherman out. I only asked one guy this time in a portable with his auger just outside and the only response I got was "NO". We gave up and went home. Not the first time this has happened, I can never seem to find any nice people out there that would drill a hole for me. Personally, I would never be rude to another fisherman, or refuse to help them out unless they had given me a reason to, apparently I am in the minority here. I put a curse on the man's fish house, he will regret not helping!

MuleShack

There are some nice fisherman left...

I was on Mille Lacs in mid December and 2 guys come rolling out with their 4 wheeler and their portables, about a mile from the access. they find their spot about 50 yards away and start to set up. Then all of a sudden i here "(^()&*(%*&%" we forgot our auger. They came over and told me that they left their auger at home, 3 hours away. I told them to feel free to use mine. I felt sorry for them, if that was me i sure would want a little help.

iFishMN.us

Glad to hear there are some nice people out there still. I really dont understand the thinking behind some people that take this fishing thing a little too seriously. I love fishing as much as the next guy, and I put as much time on the water as I can, but could never take it so seriously as to be rude to people because they are near "my" spot, or refuse to help someone because I dont want them fishing by me. I guess all I can do is not let it effect the way I treat other people in the future. Good Luck everyone, fishing should start getting better soon!

Muskie Dude

All in all most ice fisherman are good people. Last year I took a group of guys out to Forest Lake. Got out setup everything and started up the auger. Pulled the rip cord out. There was a permanent shack just near by. I asked the guy if I could borrow his and he was happy to help out. He even sent his son up to the house to get the tools to get it fixed right on the ice.

Scott Ashby

WALTERCRAFT

im sure that jerk wouldnt let you use his auger cause he was afraid you would outfish his empty stringer.man, i cant believe some people. what goes also comes.

mnfatcat

Been on alot of Lakes and roads, Have helped out many people, and they sometimes ask what they owe me! I always tell them next time someone needs help do it, Thats what You owe me.And pass it on!! wink.gif

concreteman

i had my snowmobile seize up on me about a month or so ago on mille lacs, i was headed out to the flats so i was i few miles out on the lake, and there was a fella who was headed out to the same area i was, he stopped and brought me and my house into shore. i later had to a pay a resort to go pick up my sled, which i thought maybe they would be nice enought too get it since i payed the road fee.

Fever

I made it out there sat early around 6-8:15am and caught two small crappies and about a doz and a half 3-5 inch pearch. I'm thinking it's time to move the perm away from the new city out there. Droped the camera down and saw perch all day long... Where the xxxx did my crappies go? smirk.gif

fishingman93

a week ago we were fishing on a lake we walked out there. while we were fishing a guy asked if he could barrow my auger. so i let him he came back and offered me 20 dollars i said no just keep it. so when we were starting to pack up he came over with his 4 wheeler and offered us a ride up to the access. so he gave us a ride to the access and dropped us off right at our pick up. i'd let anybody barrow my auger anyday to have somebody pull my portable out laugh.gif

saloonsoftball76

fished out..this spring the boats and all the people on shore..we lost a lot of fish then