• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Official Predictions: Windy vs. Indy

Windy City Walleye Hunter

Well, I'm going to stick with the NFC North here. I know the Colts and their offense are the "sexy" pick, but I think Grossman is going to outshine Manning. I'm going to go with:

Chicago: 30

Indy: 23

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• buzzsaw

• Bobby Bass

• fishyguy

Way to go DTE,

Here's a man with a firm grip on reality. We are still waiting for a few of you guys (Flaco, Lee Harvey and Otter) to weigh in with your score prediction. It's not official until we see the numbers. By the way, did I mention that I am a huge C.O.L.T.S. supporter?

Count

On

Losing

The

Superbowl

DAAAAAAAAAAAAA Bears!

Windy

Windy- My prediction was in yesterday, you must have missed it.

Indy 27

Chi-town 17

This game could really go either way, but I just feel this is Manning, Harrison and Dungy's time. Dungy should already have a ring with the team he built in Tampa, but they brought in Gruden. He gets the ring and hasn't done nothing since. Normally I would side with the NFC, but this year I want the COLTS to win it.

Windy you forgot about the B.E.A.R.S.

Be

Expecting

Another

Rex

Screwup

Im just hoping for an entertaining game to watch. Im rooting for the colts. The biggest monkey Manning needed to get off his back was the Pats and he did that. He can just play football now.

Colts 27

Bears 13

Sorry Flaco,

You're down, can I put you down for a "dime"?

Rundrave, I was wondering if a few of you "creative" Chicago haters would come up with something. Well done.

I guess we will all just have to wait and see.

Windy

Fishy,

There is indeed an "indy" in Windy but they don't have the W, we do!!! Get it?

Windy

But if you combine Win and Indy you get Windy. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Fishy,

No you don't...You get Winindy! LOL

Hey, I think the two weeks is getting us all a little F.U.B.A.R. if you know what I mean. But hey, I have more important things to plan, what to bring to the party on Sunday. My brother in law has a big screen tv and a poker table, like me, but he has the added feature of a keg-e-rator that he got for his 30th birthday this year so the party will be at his house. I lobbied for the party at my house since I have a pool table to go along with the poker table but the keg-e-rator won out over pool.

So here I sit, debating what to bring. I am leaning towards a crock pot full of eye-talian saus-eeegh with green peppers, onions and giardiniara. Maybe cook it in some beer, what do you think? After all, it is the Windy City and you know how we love our saus-eegh here!

Windy

wow! i guess there is no need to watch on sunday, i've already read the book grin.gif

Semantics crazy.gifgrin.gif

Nothing wrong with the Italian Saus-eeegh but whenever I am down there with a group, we get a little catering from Lou Malnati's. Pizza is good and pasta is outstanding. I have not had the sausage from there.

Enjoy the party regardless of the result of the game.

Quote:

After all, it is the Windy City and you know how we love our saus-eegh here!

OH MY!!! I won't go there!! shocked.gif

I'll weigh in and go with the minority.

Bears 24

Colts 21

I would like to see the Bears get beat. I just can't bring myself to root for them. After the Pack had their way with them and Rexy refused to give 'em any credit, I pretty much lost all respect for him. Nevertheless, they have been proving me wrong all year.

Go Peyton! grin.gif

Colts 20

Bears 17 (possibly in OT)

The grass should keep everyone pretty even.

DD

Double D,

They are calling for rain and high winds for Sunday night in Miami so that would lean toward the Bears. Anything to slow down the routes of the Colts recievers will help the Bears and their ground game. Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain and see if we can send them some of the "wind" from the Windy City, all the way down to South Beach.

Windy

Fishy,

I would never turn down a "pie" from Lou. You know what they say about pizza, it is like sex, when it is good....it is really good and when it is bad.....it's still ok!!!

Windy

Being a bleed purple Viking fan I am going for the Colts . Pretty far from Chi-town but there are still enough Bears fans up here that if they win we will get our noses rubbed in it . I do have a feeling that it could be one of the better Super Bowls we have seen in a while . 28-17 Colts .

Alright B Bear,

I knew there was something about White Bear Lake that I liked. Glad you are on board. Go Bears.

Actually, I spent a miserable day in White Bear a few years ago, I was on my way back to the Windy from our two week vacation up in Cass Lake when my transmission went out. It was about 6 am when we pulled into White Bear on a Saturday and had to wait for them to open and then had to wait about 10 hours while they fixed our van. What a miserable day!

But hey, now I found a Bears fan there so it can't be all bad, LOL.

Windy

Wow Hazard,

Are you giving 24 points to poor misguided Bears fans?

Just axe-in

Windy

20-17....Vinateri wins the game with 4 secs left in the fourth quarter.....It's gonna be a close game and that score could go either way..But im goin with the colts(obviously).

OK Guys,

Here are the early totals on predictions for the Big Dance:

With 30 registered voters weighing in (not counting the "Super Fan" votes of 156 to -2, LOL the average predicted score is Indy 27 and Bears 19. Considering the line right now is Indy by 7, I would say we have some pretty savy football minds out there.

There is still time to vote! Vote For Pedro (kidding)

Windy

Quote:

Wow Hazard,

Are you giving 24 points to poor misguided Bears fans?

Just axe-in

Windy

Windy-

Not to take anything away from your beloved Bears, I just have enjoyed watching Peyton Manning and the Colts play over the past couple of years.

I have even asked my wife what she thinks of the name Peyton if we were to have a son...needless to say, I was shot down pretty quickly!

All seriousnes Windy Walleye Guy . Seen a bit of sour grapes , little good natured ribbing but am pretty sure that any of us whos teams are not in the big game would love to be in your shoes . Last time the Vikes were in the SB I was like 10 . At this rate next time they make it I'll forget they played before the games over due to my Alzheimers . Anyways ... congrats & enjoy .