• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is that spot that was open in the middle of N. Center frozen up good. Im guessing that it would be, but still would like to know.

I deffinatly would not drive out there yet.. I was out there checking it about a week ago..and it only had 4" in a very large area. Caution should be used for sure.. I ended up not even fishing it as it was risky.. I was afraid I would hit a thinner spot.

Went out Sat. afternoon-evening and did well on crappies. Fished about 20-25' of water and found a lot of suspended fish (real light bite). Was wondering if anyone is having any luck with eyes' on this on lake?

83- Great to have you with us.. Welcome to FishingMinnesota and IceLeaders...As far as a consistant eye bite.. I have yet to find a decent one. I can find the smaller ones.. but eaters are hard to come by. I can think of a lot better places to go and get eyes...

Ain't that the truth about the 'eyes out there. I haven't caught one over 11" in about 6 years! Every time I go out thinking that there should be a few grown up ones, but nope. Kind of weird.

Yeah the small guys are definitely out there. I agree there are better spots to go for walleye than South Center that are fairly close. Just wanted to see if other people have been getting the same results. Thanks for the welcome Deitz.

I will say this... they are probably in there.. During a bass tournament out there 2 years ago.. on back to back casts.. I hit a 28" and a 28.5" eye... But I have yet to find one ice fishing.. LOL

went to whisphering bay set up 13 fow. didnt felt like i was fishing think i was "catching" today. all bluegills came on optic stealth tip wit noodle plastic wacky style. theywas hitting them non stop. have a good wknd stay warm

I am heading up thier on Sunday to do some tip up fishing with Johnny Mobile one of the areas best local ice fisherman. I have not heard how the fishing is up thier, but I did hear they are driving on it. I will send a post when I get back and give you an update.

As I stated in a previous posting I would get back with my Pancake Island Report. The fishing was slow, but thier was a couple of nice Pike caught and released on tipups by one of the best local area fisherman "Johnny Mobile". I myself had some luck catching Sunfish moving around a bit.

I think with the weather, things were tough a bit all over. Any picts of "Johnnie Mobiles" fish? And being from the "local area".. what is Johnnies real last name?

Yes I have pictures, but not quite sure how to load them in here? The first one that was caught was about 8 pounds and the next one was probably 6 or 7 both released of course. We measured the ice thickness to be at or around 22" They were both caught on tip ups and were alot fun bringing them through the hole. No your right Johnny Mobile is not his real name we will keep that secret for now. So Stayed tuned for more fishing tales of one of the best local area fisherman around Johnny Mobile

your more than welcme to e-mail me the picts...I'l lpost them for you. .then we can see a pict of this infamous Johnnie.

What is the most productive area/depth for some decent crappies this time of year? I know there is always pancake island but I tend to fish on the deeper side of the lake. Just wondering if anyone is having any luck and if they have any areas that are producing. Thanks!

THANKS DD, I TRIED OUT IN THE HOLE IN ABOUT 30-40 FOW AND CAUGHT A MIXED BAG. NOTHING TO SPECTACULAR BUT ACTION NONE THE LESS. MAYBE NEED TO TRY YOUR SPOT TO DO BETTER, I ALWAYS SEE HOUSES THERE AND THEY SEEM TO COME AND GO SO I WAS WONDERING IF PEOPLE JUST GO THERE BECAUSE THERE IS A CROWD OR BECAUSE THEY CATCH FISH. THANKS AGAIN!

Mr Dittrich

I have also winessed the famous "Johnnie Mobile" in action this year. He came down my way in mid January and landed a 35 1/2" pike tail first shocked.gif on Lake Frances. For a guy who loves his crappies second to none, he's had a good year catching pike. Also,thanks for posting that pic. It was most appreciated!

-BPB

BPB-I'm not sure I did anything to deserve the title Mr.Dittrich.. but thank you. Posting the picture was no problem at all. It was a very nice Pike for sure. I would like to see JM in action some day.

if my memory is correct, whispering bay should be heating up fast. I love that bay late in the year

Wondering if it is possible to drive out to the island with a front wheel drive car,or is there to much snow?

Thanks,Walligator

there is little to no snow on the ice, even less ice after today.. The only spots you would have to be aware of is where people had a permanent house if there was a drift by it.

HeyBigPointBlake,

The only person I have ever witnessed better at catching big Pike would be "the living legend" of ice fishing himself and I am not talking about Dave Genz either....