• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thinking about making the journey north today to catch some sunnys, just wondering if the bite was still on around pancake. Usually when I go to SC, that is where I have the most luck. Any one been out on N Lindstrom hows that going I havent seem much this year for posts.

I did some angling on South Center y-day.. it was fair, not great...

I have seen very few houses on North Lindstrom lake. I myself have not been out there.

I am heading out to the pancake island area late this afternoon and tomorrow morning. I am a little worried about this cold front that came through. Hopefully it wont affect the bluegills.

yesterday after bad day at mille lacs me n my buddy decide to leave early and went to south center. action was fairly good had some good eaters gills n crappies got to sort through them to get keepers. was fishing 3 to 4 fow. good luck today

only fishing in 3 or 4 feet of water?.. I would have figgured with the cold front those fish would have been a little less active... I assume you were sight fishing them. That can be a ton of fun.

Well my vex say 4 fow but I m sure its 5 cuz the weeds was all over the bottoms. Yeah we were sight fishing its fun to watch them hit the waxies. Sometime they come out of nowhere and hit waxies sometime they just sit there stare at waxies. my buddy had bluegill follow his shrimpo all way up in the the hole.

Have a good day

I see Frankies has colored wax worms now. Never seen them before. Come in 4 different flourescent colors. They told me they had a money back guarentee but I stayed with larva. Perch moved in and had to use a forage minnow as a decoy to get sunfish into the area. Caught some nice ones too. Sunfish are not real friendy with the perch. I sure love my Aquaview.

Had a good day out there today, but they certainly were not hitting hard. They would inhale it but they would just sit there, Using the tiny foam bobbers and they wouldnt move them. you would go to jig and there was a fish on, pull it up and you couldnt even see the teardrop. All afternoon it was like that, with the decent sized ones at least. The little bastards took the bobbers down like a walleye. Weird. We left after 5 hours with 3 sunny limits and 1 crappie limit. Alot of iffys in the bucket however.

Anyone had any luck with the walleyes on S. Center? I know th usual spots and it looks like a lot of other people do to but I have only had the fingerlings (sp?) that are probably the stocked fish. Just curious if anyone has caught any ones with some size. Thanks

Buddy has been out there almost nightly for 2 weeks now...

As many walleyes as you want 6-8-10", so far he's kept one at 17", lost 3 or 4 more at the hole that would have been around that size.

Yeah that sounds about right. I just didn't know if others were getting any size to them. I have tried a lot of different depths also but it seems to be the same. Thanks!

Lots of walleye fingerling from the stocking. I have figured out that it depends on where you go on the lake to catch good sized crappies. I have found one spot out of the many I have tried that I have found that has a minimum of 10 slabs which is great. Sorry not spilling the beans on my spot either. My buddy 2 weeks ago caught a really nice 30" walleye which he did release. Poor sucker took pics on his camera phone and they suck! lol Now he knows why i carry my digital when we go fishing.

My dad drove a Dodge 2500 quad cab with the diesel out.... said there was between 18 and 20".

He drove off the Hwy 8 access by the Porterhouse and stayed towards the right, somewhat around the bed from the new channel into N. Center.

How thick is the ice on south center?Any diesel trucks been out there yet?Looks like it will be to cold to walk out this weekend!

Walligator

Last time out on SC, I caught squat. Little dink walleyes and perch. Am I missing something here? Was fishing in 22 to 24 feet of water. Some activity on the flasher, but nothing biting really. On the way back to the car, I saw two very nice crappies laying on the ice. No houses around. Looked like somebody just tossed them there. I did NOT have to see that. All day with no crappies, and there were some tossed around like nobody wanted them. I need a hug. frown.gif

Try off of sunset point in about 15 ft of water. That would be heading to the shanty town going left after the lake and the road meet. I have caught them in 6 ft of water with just a small teardrop and euros on the bottom in the weeds. I find using a forage minow as a decoy works well to draw them in and then use the euros with the jig to seal the deal. Crappies and sunfish I can catch. My hat is off to you guys catching walleye in that lake on a regular basis.

Where is Sunset point? I usually access the lake from Hwy 8 and Crescent Rd I believe it is. We go straight out probably 1/4 mile, and fishing about 100 yds to the left of the house on that point. We're pretty much right where all those permanents are.

Sounds like you are fishing at sunset. I tried posting a map but could not highlight it the way I wanted to. Coming off 8 you come to a point on the lake where if you turn left it will go to pancake island and whispering bay or if you vear to the right you will come to a shanty town that is real close to sunset point. Those houses are in around 12 to 15 ft of water. Should be good there or anywhere towards pancake island however every where to the left will be around 6 ft of water. Go to frankies and have them show you on their map where sunset point is and it will be a lot clearer.

Seriously??? 18-20 inches of ice? Holy crap that is awesome. I was out on Bone and there was only about 10ish.

Are guys able to drive from the HWY 8 access to Whispering Bay? Also...can't you park on that road on the Willow point and just walk out?

elusivecrappiecatcher,

I am curious to what your definition of "slabs" is? I do not want your spot I just want to know what the lake is capable of producing. Thanks elusivecrappiecatcher! Also, anyone had any luck the last few days? I have found it to be a little slow this week, maybe not trying the right stuff. Thanks

I fished out there Monday evening.. and did alright.. had to move a few times. In my opinion they were not slabs. but cleanable?

Go down in the far south bay about 24 feet of water.. All around that hole there is 6ft of water. The crappies are coming across the flahers at about 10-12 and about 3 feet of bottom.. Minnows or grubs

In my opinion crappie have shown pretty good growth over the last five years that I have fished South Center. Last summer with mimmic minnows we caught probably over 100 crappie and I would guess that the average size was over 8 inches and a lot of them were around 10 inches. I pulled a 13.5 inch and an 11 inch out of the ice two weekends ago and saw a few nice ones out there this last monday. Five years ago you could catch crappie anywhere in that lake and they were all around 6 inches.

went out today did pretty good on bluegills in 4 to 5 fow then moved to 31 fow to try for those deep water crappies caught few. no sizes to them.. good luck everyone

cheers

Quote:

elusivecrappiecatcher,

I am curious to what your definition of "slabs" is? I do not want your spot I just want to know what the lake is capable of producing. Thanks elusivecrappiecatcher! Also, anyone had any luck the last few days? I have found it to be a little slow this week, maybe not trying the right stuff. Thanks

Honestly I know a true slabber would be considered maybe 12+ inches but come on we fish in the metro lol, there really isn't a lake I know of where you can get the bigger ones. Yes I go to green and bald eagle and a few others and get those 6"-8.5 maybe a couple of 9"inchers but to pull a consistant minimum of 10+" crappies out of a lake I will call them the metro slabs lol. Hey that can be my new word for them "Metro Slabs" I CALL IT! Anyways enough goofing around. I honestly have fished near pancake, the south end, some of the other bays and wholes and usually catch those smaller fish but when you go to my secret honey hole which i have only see one shack ever fish on South Center i was amazed by the size. The next time I go out i will take a pic of the fish with a tape measure on them to prove. Anyways good fishin, stay safe, and for gods sake stay warm this weekend, it is to cold for this guy to fish lol.

WOW! the red glow football jigs paid off tonight we caught a ton of crappies and a few gills to boot on North Center it was a blast not anything huge, but many cleaners. Gotta love the GLOW