• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
walleyecheeks

Driving on Bald Eagle yet?

walleyecheeks

Only seen cars NO full size trucks not going to be the first.

DrillinHolz

I drove my full size out there yesterday there was anywhere from 15-18in of ice.. there were quite a few full sized trucks out there

walleyecheeks

Hey thanks, Thats always one of my favorites lakes to take the kid fishing. Nice pike for me and lots of sunnies and crappies for the kid, although you got to weed through the pans. But theres some nice ones now and then.

DrillinHolz

Yeah no problem.. The Croppies were biteing pretty steady out there. Borderline keepers... it was a good time

JBrobeck

Drove my fullsize F150 4x4 SuperCrew out there on Thursday, there were about 5 other trucks on the lake at that time, I had been on the lake a few times previously in the week, and had drilled holes in multiple spots from the landing, around the south side of the reeds and out to the southeast tip of the island. All measurments were very consistant at the 13.5"-14.5" range on tuesday, by thursday (when I drove out) I was on 14.5" where I stopped to fish. I would have no problem driving a fullsize after this cold snap. I grew up 2 blocks from Bald Eagle and I have found it to be and extremely consistant lake as far as ice goes, there are a few spots on the lake that I avoid and always seem to have thin ice.

Get ice reports from the local bait shops and stick to the well traveled areas if you are unfamiliar with the lake, remember, NO ice is "safe".

Josh