• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mrklean

Tips for my Vexilar

mrklean

I just got a Vexilar FL-8 just wondering if anyone has any tips for me for how to run it. Just any helpful tips for my new toy. Thanks Guys

steeplechaser2

Take her to the water, drill about 15 holes, hop from hole to hole, and fish the holes with the big red blobs on the bottom! Turn up th gain if you can't see your jig...hang on!

mrklean

The jig will be a green line wont it? The manual sucks balls doesnt tell you how to run it very well.

bigb56303

check out the vex web site it tells ya how to work it and might even have a video

Borch

Pretty straight forwards like others have already stated. It should also have an IR buttom if you're seeing lots of interference. Keep hitting the button until it clears up. You'll find you won't be able to fish without a good flasher anymore. laugh.gif

winniewalleye777

It is very simple... the only way to figure it out is to use it. just another excuse to get out on the hard water! have fun... you won't be able to live with out it!

Deitz Dittrich

as others have stated, time with it will help you the most.

Your jig can be just about any color you want it to be from green to green/orange to green/orange/red depending on how high you have the gain set. Turn your gain up to the level you feel best. By having your gain set higher you can see your jig better, but you loose some in target seperation. So I usually turn my gain up till I can see my jig well, but not overpowering.

Always fish above the fish, get the fish to come up and meet you and you will catch more fish. as fish come from the side, it will look like they are comming from the bottom. fish can not see blow them very well but can see above themselves just fine.

mrklean

Thanks for all the help guys i cant wait to get out and use it, this cold weather isnt helping me one bit though. Highs of 20 at most for the next week, tough to get out now.

mrklean

Just want to thank you guys again, i took it out tonight, got a 3 pound eye, couple nice crappies and a bunch of smaller ones. I dont know how i fished without a Vex before, it was simply amazing watching the fish come up and take your bait. Thanks again