• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ice fishing the 'sippi?

has any one tried to fish thru the ice up here on the mississippi?so many fish and so few people fish this resource,i fish it alot in the summer and i might see 15 boats the whole year.any one have any info?or maybe anyone want to hook up and be retarded together and try it?

It is definetly worth a shot Trav,not so sure about the ice though.Do you by chance drive a black ford truck?

There are quite a few backwater bays around the airport that can safely be fished in the winter.

I know of the backwater bays,and have fished them.I was thinking more on the lines of fishing the main flowage.maybe!LOL

there is some pretty good walleye fishing right off of the trommald landing on the 'sippi. also get some decent crappies every so often.

I'm not very familiar with the river in your area, but I know the fishing has been very good south of the Little Falls area. Alot of northern and walleye action.

ya we do,i havent run into you since that night at the hawk.LOL or dont you remember HA HA HA. you want to go try the river this weekend or afterwork this week,i will go first since im the smallest(did i say smallest i ment dumbist)?

I have nothing going all week,I am done with work @ 3:30 everyday.The hawk night was a dandy,I think.Call me this week 218-838-4250.I have also been on a good bite on Mille lacs,we could try the river too.It has been a while since I have tried the river,the only place I have ice fished was private access but the guy has since moved.Call me tommorow my phone is dead tonight.

ok i'll give you a call tommorow,i'm done with work at 1:00.If we dont hit the river we can hit the ice somewhere,so many fish,so little time.

A little of both. But it's been better in the backwater. For some reason anywhere from 6-12' has been the best. Although I was out last night after getting back from OT and didn't snag a thing.