• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
AndyMan

Any recent Clearwater reports?

AndyMan

Wondering...I haven't seen any reports since 1/17/07. How's the ice for driving a Ford Ranger? Especially in the western basin, out from BJ's Bait?

federline

Andy, you now know the answer to this firsthand. grin.gif That was pretty cold! I caught nothing but perch and largemouths! Having never caught a bass through the ice, and catching three on one night, this was one odd night! They smacked minnows on a glow red eye dropper, thought I had much bigger fish on. Lots of bugs in the sand bottom, too, they caked up on the lens of the camera when I dropped it down and turned on the light. Plenty of baitfish, and large schools of sizable, lethargic sunfish and crappies together.

AndyMan

Yeah...she was cold. crazy.gif

How long did you stay out after I left?

To be honest...I'd have to say I'm glad you didn't catch my elusive supper (walleye) after I had left... which usually happens!!! smirk.gif

bassNspear

is there alot of houses out there this year?

AndyMan

Bass N Spear:

It was our first time to fish Clearwater on ice. So, we don't have an answer for you...it seemed busy, considering how cold it was...

federline

bassnspear - lots of spearing shacks out there in the west basin. I dunno, 15 or so spear shacks and 25 or so fish houses I could see from BJs.

BJs has two plowed roads out of their access and there's lots of trucks driving way too fast - if these drivers could see and hear the ice waves they are making they'd slow down in a heartbeat - 16 inches of ice and I had water pulsing four inches up and down in the holes.

andyman - I stayed out until 9 or so, until my LP ran out. shocked.gif The bass were fun, but I'm still missing crappies in my freezer. tongue.gif

Wallyeyes

Talk about drivers of trucks going way too fast, I had a guy buzz by me, not 15ft from my car doing about 25 to 30 MPH! mad.gif What a dope. tongue.gif Why don't they post speed limits at the access? confused.gif 15 MPH tops, 10MPH is about all the faster I go. smirk.gif It takes a little while to cover water at those lower speeds but it is so much safer than 30MPH!

skunks13

I agree,

10mph driving is much faster than WALKING!!!

Bobberboy

Warmer too!

bassNspear

im sorry, i dont like the lake that well, or i should say never really had any good luck, but what part of the lake is that where the people are spearing.

mrklean

I have never fished Clearwater before lookin to go down there sometime. What are good areas to fish, and what kinda fish are in there? Thanks guys

bassNspear

Not sure. I was going to try and get out there spearing this year, but that dont look like that is going to happen.

anyfishwilldo

As far as good areas to fish, just look at a map. The lake is full of them. The lake has about every type of fish you want to target, and good quanities of them also. One tip, the lake is dangerous in the winter. be careful, and drill plenty of holes if going exploring. I do not drive on that lake, it is wheeler only for me.