• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fantasy baseball is coming soon

knoppers

bushwacker, you must do your leauge again. the best leauge in all of baseball. where else can you all play for fishing lures?

I agree as well....i missed the playoffs last year but will prevail this year...THE GREAT ONE will come out #1 in September!

• 2 weeks later...

its nice to see on most fantasy baseball advice boards is the twins have the highest ranked catcher (mauer) the highest ranked starting pitcher (santana) and the highest ranked closer (nathen). justin morneu is not the highest ranked first baseman, since there are soo many good ones, but he still comes in at the 24th best of all postions.

looks like another division title. grin.gif

I'm in again this year, I think the regular season winner should get something this year smile.gif Any interest in $5 giftcards as payment this year? Last year it cost me $7 to ship my $5 lures. Just an idea... We could even do $10 gift cards and save money. We could even do a 1st 2nd 3rd then... Last year was great! should be another great seaon. let's try to get everyone paid before the season this year

I was just thinking that I should post up about Fantasy Baseball 2007. I am getting spring fever bad, open water fishing and baseball. Its only February! I think a $5.00 gift card to a sporting goods store would work too if you want to do it. Up to the individual. Last year I think we went 10 for 12 on the lures. It has gotten better every year, but lets get 100% this year.

Auto draft again this year?

Here are the stat catagories from last year:

R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Bushwacker, I'd like to be in the league again. I'm O.K. with the stat categories you listed. I would be in favor of a limit on transactions. I remember a live draft last year.

Do you guys have the same players as last year or can anyone join?? If there are still spots I would love to join up with you guys, let me know..

I'll get one started up. Lets give the guys from last year a couple days to get in first, but then we can open it up to new guys. If you are registering for this league, you are committing to sending in a lure worth $5 or a $5 gift certificate to a sporting goods store. It is a winner take all deal. $5 a guy isn't much, but it makes it interesting until the end of the year. I will post up the info in a little bit. This is actually the 3rd season of the FM Fantasy Baseball League for a Lure. grin.gif

I have the league all set to go and all of the owners from last year have been sent an email with the league name and password needed to register. It is exactly the same settings as last year. I have all of the emails except the two that made them private with Yahoo. The team names were Ballers and Roosterfish. So if you are either of those two send me an email at mtrierwe @ yahoo . com and I will get you the info. We will keep it private for two days then I will post the league info on here to fill in the rest of the teams. Lets have another fun year!

I'm in!

Bushwackers, who didn't pay last year? We should get those two replaced or get their lures before the draft. It sucks when everyone else pays then two stiff the winner. Just a thought.

Also, any thoughts about limiting transactions? That wouldn't be too bad of an idea. It makes the pitching a little more valuable at draft time... again, just a thought.

Good luck, looking forward to the draft!

I was in the league last year and didn't get a e-mail. paul0508 @ d . umn . edu. I would like to donate a lure or two again this year.

Got mine in. I agree with the limiting of trades, makes it more interesting when you have to rely on your picks (with some room for adjustment) instead of facing a team that has 50 different pitchers a week frown.gif. Just my humble opinion. Good luck to all. Should be a fun year again.......

I also am back for the third season. last I looked, there are 10 teams in, that leaves 4 spots open. limited transactions is fine with me also. but if we do that,I will have to take that thursday night off work, so I can do the live draft. but I am due for a day, or should I say night off. grin.gif

Alright guys, there is one spot left for the league.

I set up the league with a live draft scheduled for 3/15(Thursday) at 7:00pm. Whoever is in will be expected to either send in a $5.00 lure or a $5.00 gift certificate for tackle, ect.. Here is the league info on Yahoo! Fantasy Sports:This is all case sensative when registering--

League Name: FM Baseball

League ID#: 82981

Password: Fishing

I am interested but have some questions. I live in Iowa so where are you holding the live draft? does an owner have to attend or can we participate online? Do you have meetings during the year to purchase free agents? make trades, etc?

I am in again this year. The live draft is taken place online. You don't have to attend anyones house. I also favor the limited add/drops. It would be nice though if we did gift cards and we had one specific place in mind so a buy could get something of decent price with his winnings.

Yep, just like OutdoorsGuy said. It is an online draft with everything involved with the league is online. Although we should have a get together one of these years!

If you need one more team to fill your league, I am still interested. I tried 3 times to creat a Yahoo account which it appears I need to do before I can sign up for the 'FM Baseball' league. No matter what I used for my Yahoo ID, it would not accept it. If anyone can help me through that part I will try again. I will not be upset if you have someone else interested in joining but if you still need one more I will join.

We are now full and ready to go. Make sure you get your draft pre-ranked if you are not going to be able to be online for the draft. Lets have another fun year. I think this is the year for the commish to cash in on the prize grin.gif