• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Gordie

diesel trucks and ice?

Gordie

is any one driveing their diesels 1tons out on the ice yet and if not what do you guys think a safe thickness of ice is for one cause they are heavier than gas jobs? thanks for any info.

jake_hachfeld

I dont go out with mine till theres at least 18"

bass eater

They were all over today..... lots of em... wish I could say the same for the eyes, lost a pig at the hole, got bit off? and just cleaned 5 jumbos... still a fun day till the wind kicked up crazy.gif

Gordie

bass eater wheres all over? and how much ice is there? thanks jumbos sound like a tastey snack right now.

ole_crappie

i took my 1 ton power stroke out the other day there is tons of ice you almost need a extension in some spots

fishfearme

There have been guys driving 1 ton diesels from barnacles to the blue jug for 2 weeks now.

bass eater

we had 20+ inches everywhere we went, really bad pressure ridge between 4 and 5 mile but there is a bridge as of yesterday. I would still stick to the roads though, we went out of Brandts and they have a nice road and the bridge all the way out to 5 mile.

Gordie

thanks guys for all the info

we went out of brandts also and crossed the bridge to five mile yep lots of ice .