• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Lake Trout

GPS Help

Question

Lake Trout

My old, and I mean old, Eagle GPS just bit the dust. I used the Search feature on the forums and my head is dizzy with all the info I found. Clear it up for me and give me a push. Is the Lowrance iFinder H2O THE unit to get? Color or greyscale? It takes a map chip like Lake Master, correct?

2 answers to this question

eurolarva

H2O and C are both awsome units. Both will take lakemaster and navonics chips and both can use mapcreate software. You cant go wrong with either one of these units.

kunk

My old Lowrance bit the dust a couple of years ago so I got the H2O. The color wasn't out yet. I really like it. I can't tell you anything about the color, but I got the 07 chip for Christmas and I can't imagine fishing without it. Used it on Mille Lacs a few weeks ago and found it to be very accurate. As far as visibility, you would have to ask someone who has used both. I use it in the boat plugged in to the 12 volt with the light on, and it's fine.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• seifjr
      As usual Curt, thanks for all the reports you provide to us folks that only get up to LOW 4-5 times/year.  Coming up again for the MEA weekend, fishing Thursday-Saturday.  Looks like Thursday's going to be nice with warmer temps and WSW winds.  If we get the heavy WNW winds on Saturday, is the LP area fishable.  Seems like the more west it is the comfort level goes up dramatically.  Bringing the kids this trip, so there not real big fans of the 4-5 footers if you know what I mean.  Hope to see ya Thursday, we'll be in a 2150 Lund and 18.5 Alumacraft. 
    • monstermoose78
      These fish came of the feeding flat.
    • monstermoose78
      I like finding aggressive crappies and those feeding flats normally have more aggressive crappies plus some big gills mixed in. 
    • Rick
      This is great advice as well @monstermoose78. I will add that another reason crappies suspend over a deep basin is because of the plankton rising and dropping from and back to the mud basin below based on light levels.
    • PRO-V
      Got back yesterday from a week at my shack. Tough conditions. Lots of rain and over 6" of snow. My buddy and I saw 28 grouse and got 15. They were pretty wild and had to put the chase on alot of them. Got pretty wet running after them and snow falling on your head. Had to chainsaw our way out to the trucks thanks to the heavy wet snow.
    • Wanderer
      There are lots of options and they all work better for some than others for each individual situation.     I use a mix of single rod cases (hard tube with reel bag on the end), the Bunk box Rick has (works for my laker rods), and break down fly rod case that I custom cut the foam on to fit my in-lines.   Basically, make sure your rods aren’t too long for your house!  From there you could even build an insert into your tub and line it with foam.  Custom cut the interior to fit your rods your way.  Ever go the the Thorne Brothers potable mods gathering.  You could get some ideas there for sure!
    • Wanderer
      I’m in for 2nd season also.  Looking forward to sharing a good hunt with both new and old friends.
    • Parmer
      Best offer 
    • chaffmj
      I am hoping to get the boat out on the lake this Thursday. Looks like it is going to be in the upper 50's!
    • IceHawk
      I use breakdown shotgun cases each one will  fit 2-3 rod reel combos easily. Fit very nicely in my fish trap pros and otters protect very well.  I have 4 of them lable each one  with the species setup in each case stack them on garage bench. Grab the right combos for species being sought after. Only draw back is I have to break handles down on reels. You could probably cut some foam out to make it work easier I have just got use to looseing handles on reels.. My free fall and trip wire work in them also so yes inline setups will work.