• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Hemlock

Lowrance H20 "Man Overboard"

Question

Hemlock

Does anyone know how to get rid of the "man overboard" icon on my gps? I'm not sure if it's coming up when I hit enter two times to save a waypoint, or what's causing it...I would love to clear them off, and turn that "feature" off.

Thanks.

13 answers to this question

hoggs222

I'm having the same problem, my gps looks like a lot of lost sailors out there!

marine_man

I don't know what creates the man overboard waypoint... it's a double push of something... possibly pushing the waypoint button twice?

Anyway, all it does is create a waypoint in your waypoint list... go into your list and delete them...

marine_man

zachp

If you are in EASY mode and continously making new MOB points it will erase the previos MOB that you had made, but when you switch over to ADVANCED mode all the MOB's you made in EASY mode will now show up on the screen. By switching to and staying in advanced mode you shouldn't get any more of the "sailors" on your screen unless you do it on purpose.

To Activate the MOB waypoint you simultaneously push in zout and zin

Hemlock did you go to college in c-town? If you did you'll know what i mean by c-town.

Ralph Wiggum

I believe the "Man Overboard" is created by pushing "Z in" and "Z out" at the same time.

Daze Off

I had the same problem and somehow managed to get rid of all those MOB points and turn the blasted feature off - when I get home and have a few minutes I'll grab the unit and see if I can remember how I did it.

I do know this much - I hardly ever use the unit in Easy Mode anymore.

Daze Off

iffwalleyes

Quote:

I believe the "Man Overboard" is created by pushing "Z in" and "Z out" at the same time.

Yep that is how all the lowrance units are. To get rid of it you highlight the MOB icon and I believe hit the wpt button and you can delete it. If it isn't the WPT button then it is the enter button and you can delete it.

Hemlock

Thanks guys, I'll try some of the ideas suggested and try and get it off.

Zach, yes I did go to school at UMC..how are things going?

zachp

Things are going well, I'm trying figure out how to strictly make a living at fishing but so far all attempts have failed and i have to work. I've been wanting to plan a trip up to your area for some fishing, i'm just not sure whether i'd rather go in the summer or winter, i'll get it figured out and maybe you'll even be around to show me where they're bitin. smile.gif

CrappieAttitude

Ok Gentleman I have a similar question for you all regarding the H20C. I have deleted many different waypoints. However when I go into my recent find menu, I have a list of things going back to when I first started putzing with the thing. Even though it isn't saved in my current waypoint list, I have them listed in my recent finds. How can I get rid of all that crap that I don't want. It won't give me an option to delete it when I highlight it in the recent find menu. Any suggestions?

CA

Bassboy1645

sounds like u guys are using a bunch of blasted computers!!!! what happened to one color or no color simple flashers or graphs?? that showed depth and fish?! grin.gifgrin.gif

Farley

You guys know you can change symbols right? Go into the waypoint info on your gps, where you get options like "Edit Name", "find on map", "Go to",etc...at the bottom of the screen. I dont have mine with me right now so I cant walk you through it, but there is an option within those menus that will let you change the symbol. I'm guessing that's the problem you are having, every time you save a waypoint it saves it as the "man overboard" symbol. When you change it to an "X" for instance, every waypoint you save after that will save as an "X" on your map. But you can go in later and change it to whatever you want.

Hemlock

Quote:

You guys know you can change symbols right? Go into the waypoint info on your gps, where you get options like "Edit Name", "find on map", "Go to",etc...at the bottom of the screen. I dont have mine with me right now so I cant walk you through it, but there is an option within those menus that will let you change the symbol. I'm guessing that's the problem you are having, every time you save a waypoint it saves it as the "man overboard" symbol. When you change it to an "X" for instance, every waypoint you save after that will save as an "X" on your map. But you can go in later and change it to whatever you want.

I think that's it Farley. I'll take a look at that tonight when I get home. Thanks!

Zach, it's tough to make a living fishing. That's why I bought a business. crazy.gif At least I'm my own boss, and can get away if I want to.

Anytime up here is great. Ice fishing, or spring/summer/fall. The walleyes are abundant, and the beer is cold! grin.gif

PierBridge

Quote:

Does anyone know how to get rid of the "man overboard" icon on my gps? I'm not sure if it's coming up when I hit enter two times to save a waypoint,

Your in Easy mode.....switch to Advanced.