• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Kelly question

Tripleplay

Kelly,

I will be renting from you this next Wednesday for a night along with my 14 yr old son and a 16 yr old nephew. Based on the youngsters ages there won't be a whole lot of adult beverage consumption occuring in the house, but maybe a little to keep the blood thin on my part and maybe to drown out the boys voices if the fishing is slow! (I also think this voices thing may be another use for Ice Buster bobbers!)

Just wondering if there is a certain beverage or two that I could have available for you or Jon when you are ready to call it a day on the ice. Your profile indicates a preference for "Cap" but need to know what else would go in and whether that works for Jon if he stops by instead!

If you wait until dry land to quench your thirst that is fine but I'm a boy scout thru and thru and always want to "Be Prepared"!

Looking forward to my first sleeper on URL and watching those boys when they catch their first walleye through the ice and maybe even a crappie or two.

Yes I sail with the Capt. on rare occasions. grin.gif Speaking of kids. A group out there last night had a young boy with his little snowmobile. Everytime the bite slowed down they would send the kid out to drive his snowmobile around the house and they would get 2 or three crappies right away every time. confused.gifshocked.gif Jon said it was amazing.

I have noticed on LOW in the past that when the guides would stop by or they pulled a house by us that they were moving that I seemed to catch more fish. Not sure why other than the disturbance and waves in the water. I'll test the theory by having the boys run around the house for awhile and if I catch more fish inside then they can keep it up!

I may have sailed with the Captain in the past but it has always been the "crash" into the dock that wasn't as pleasant.

I'd be happy with 2-3 crappies in the pail instead of every time just to say we got some!

I talked to Foster about this and as all of us know Foster can never be trusted to tell us the truth about fishing but after numerous Miller's he did say that he has started dropping his V-Plow and running a U-turn around his house's. This crappie bite is at times strangley aggressive,,,,,,noise??????

I have seen it my self!! It sometimes works with northerns too!!! never had any luck with the eye's doing it!

Years ago I had a father/son that came fishing fairly often. They always wanted their house over rocks. They had an hourglass shaped rock on a rope that they bounced off the rocks on the bottom every 10-15 minutes. They caught a lot of fish. The son was a Navy diver. He said that in the summer he would dive down and lay on a rockpile banging 2 rocks together and that the walleyes would come to him.

Quote:

Just wondering if there is a certain beverage or two that I could have available for you or Jon when you are ready to call it a day on the ice. Your profile indicates a preference for "Cap" but need to know what else would go in and whether that works for Jon if he stops by instead!

I don't drink, that smart mouthed twin of mine drinks way to much Vodka. grin.gifwink.gif

As for the noise I was amazed, everytime the kid would start tearing around the house those guys would start catching fish.

So what is the per hour charge to get your evil twin sauced up on Vodka and have him ride one of those little kid snowmobiles around the shack? And what would the business be called? Jonny P's Custom Crappie Calling, maybe. grin.gif

Quote:

So what is the per hour charge to get your evil twin sauced up on Vodka and have him ride one of those little kid snowmobiles around the shack? And what would the business be called? Jonny P's Custom Crappie Calling, maybe.
grin.gif

Little sled...hmmm. Evil Jonny hasn't done that one. He did jump one of those little motor cycles into a swimming pool, that was called "Jonny meets mad pool man." Best to just stay away from small motor toys. wink.gif

Oh man, that's hilarious. Been awhile since I burst out laughing at a post. Really brings me back. I've got an evil twin also, but I haven't seen him since I quit drinking. He was a blast. I really miss him sometimes, but at least he's not around to steal out of my wallet and say things without my brains permission anymore. Here's to good fishing and have fun up there tripleplay.It's great to be able to get up there mid-week.

Ya thankfully my look alike is getting older and slower, but you should have seen the look on the poor pool guys face the next morning. He stood there looking at a little 80 Yamaha motorcycle in the bottom of the pool then he would look at the remains of the picnic table used for a ramp then back at the motorcycle in the pool while holding his little net.

He did have a sense of humor, he looked at me and said "I'm gonna need a bigger net, and you are going need a bigger checkbook to fix this." When I got the bill I realized he wasn't really that funny. shocked.giflaugh.gif