• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Nate McVey

Good Luck at the Bash!

Nate McVey

Good luck at the Bash everyone! Be safe, be kind, have fun and catch lots of fish. I'll be happy to take any extras off your hands! wink.gif

Fur Fish and Feathers

Food and Beverage Manager at Grand Superior Lodge?

I'm sure we could work out a mutually amicable exchange of some sort! smile.gif

Steve Foss

There were quite a few lake trout caught today by people who either don't eat laker (Huh?) or had limits already in their feezer at home or who wanted to fish again tomorrow so had to divest themselves of today's fish. They have already all been given away. grin.gif

caseymcq

Quote:

...people who either don't eat laker (Huh?)...

I know, that almost seems un-American grin.gif

Nice fish by the way. Were you "two fistin'" when you got that one or have you conceded to using one pole? grin.gif

Steve Foss

Nope, Casey, two poles. One being a tipup. But the fish came on a No. 9 glow/chartreuse jigging rap with the front and back hooks trimmed off (they just get caught on the edge of the hole) and a slice of smelt on the center treble. It's one of my three go-to Bside rigs. grin.gif

Nate McVey

I'm sure we can work something out FFF....It looks and sounds like everyone had fun, can't wait to read about it tommorow.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mbeyer
      I know this....not as many smallmouth coming up shallow on this fall trip as compared to spring. Could not get a top water bite regardless of time of day and depth of water.   Found a few stragglers in the few hours we chased them.
    • plot0015
      thank you!   and thank you for the advice... i will try it out in my boat this week, and report back
    • leech~~
      Welcome to the forum.   Go try it out in 5 feet of water before you write it off.  The older units need a pretty solid water column to send the echo back and forth.  Good luck.
    • plot0015
      So i recently picked up a Zercom Clearwater Classic for 15 bucks off craigslist....     I fired the unit up and the LCD screen works, back light works, and when i plug the transducer in, i can hear the transducer "clickling" (i can see a slight change in the LCD lines when i plug the 'ducer in....so its almost like it recognizes that its there....) but as i'm messing with it i can't get it to see my hand or the floor...  (ie. the LCD lines never move off 2 ft)   I thought it might be the Transducer.... but this 'ducer has an old school RCA jack the reminds me of the old Red/White/Yellow cables from my Nintendo....(see image)  Obviously zercom isn't around anymore so getting a tranducer is brutal.   Marcum bought zercom, but they couldn't help when i reached out to them.  Called Fishlectronics, they didn't have anything....    See the pictures to see the LCD lines that never move and the 1990's tranducer plug.....      Did i waste my 15 bucks?    
    • leech~~
      Sounds like a worn wire grounding out some where.  One of my trailers I just pulled the whole wire harness off and put on a new one. Not fun but it worked. 
    • Hookmaster
      I checked out the truck wiring and it looked good. I towed my duck boat last weekend and the running lights worked. So, it must be my fishing boat trailer. I'll check light bulbs first but may need to rewire since it's seen 20 summers.
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the main basin... Good fall walleye fishing continues.  Jigs and frozen shiners working well in 28-32'.  Anchor up and jig.  If not finding fish, drift with spinners or troll crankbaits to find active fish.  Fish starting to stack in front Pine Island and other south shore locations.  Some days fish are sliding shallow.  Shiners continue to run up the Rainy River.  On the Rainy River... Shiners are running.  Walleyes are just starting to enter river.  Anglers reporting success both jigging and pulling crankbaits.  Increased sturgeon activity.  Walleye activity is increasing as shiner run continues.     Up at the NW Angle... Fishing is excellent.  Strong numbers of walleyes being caught on mud flats and adjacent to islands. 15 - 25'.  Spinners, crankbaits and jigging all still producing.  Walleyes starting to move towards structure and outside mouths of bays.  Crappie activity strong, guides helpful for crappies.   
    • leech~~
      It would be nice to have a massive private slough or hunting woods but for the majority of us poor folks it's part of the game. Some days you win and some days the other guy does. Or you just sit home do nothing and play with yur doober!  😕
    • DLD24
      Had a nice little surprise yesterday walleye fishing  20180924_085152.mp4
    • Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Lake of the Woods water temps are steadily falling into the mid to low 50’s. This past week cold fronts and strong winds have fish schooling up and feeding heavily.

In Minnesota, look to rocky bays and adjacent reefs in 15-22ft. of water.  A jig and minnow is all that is needed to catch a limit in a short period of time. Bottle necks between islands in the NW Angle are also worth fishing in the evenings.

In Canada, the fishing has been excellent.  Crappie, walleye and perch are all schooling up and taking a jig and minnow.  With the water temperatures dropping, expect to see the muskie bite increase while trolling. 

We will be closing October 22nd for ice in! Contact us for availability for your fall fishing trip!

We hope to see you soon,
      Sunset Lodge